Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Jan 14, 2007, 6:07 PM   #11

Great effort Barbara! Keep posting. Donna
D.Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2007, 9:40 PM   #12

desperate_dan wrote:
Quote:
Hi MsPuck. Just read this post and thought i'd let you know i just recently got into the photography scene. Haven't gone as far as you on the DSLR road yet - still using a 'prosumer' dsc-h2. However, the post processing software issues you have were exactly the same issues i had a while back. I did a bit of research on amazon and plumped for a Photoshop CS2 book. It has been an invaluable aid in my progress through the digital image jungle and i think i'm coming up with some half respectable results. The Internet is a huge resource for information - use it! I to have gained valuable hints and tips from the ken rockwell site so a recommend from me too. Good luck on your journey into the DSLR world, i hope to join you sometime soon
Thanks so much for your encouragement. I will look for the book - can you tell me the author? I'm sure there are a lot of them out there, and if you've found one you like, I'd love to know which one. I went to the Ken Rockwell site and it's been very helpful already!

I'll be watching for your posts and thanks again for being a cheering section and offering some good tips.
MsPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2007, 9:41 PM   #13

VP wrote:
Quote:
A nice camera you bought Ms. Puck and I expect you will have control over itvery soon. And a nice subject for first shot!
Thanks so much for the encouragement. I'll be looking for some birds to "shoot" now that I have a slightly more powerful lens. It'll be a long time before I get any as wonderful as those you post!
Old Jan 15, 2007, 4:03 AM   #14

Looks like you're getting off to a great start. Keep on shootin.
bmullen@comcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2007, 5:03 PM   #15

MsPuck wrote:
Quote:
I will look for the book - can you tell me the author?

For Sure - Adobe Photoshop CS2 for Photographers by Martin Evening. Written for CS2 but i think some tuts apply to earlier versions aswell. Find it here
desperate_dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2007, 6:23 PM   #16

Thank you Dan! I will hopefully be able to re-load PhotoShop (I uninstalled it!) and dig in with the help of this book.