Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Jan 20, 2007, 8:32 PM   #1

This Killdeer decided to just wander by the truck while I was shooting the Red-Shouldered Hawk. Thank you very much..:G

smac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 20, 2007, 9:09 PM   #2

Mac attack is at it again! Good captures! :-)
Buzzsaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2007, 9:12 PM   #3

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention your sensor looks dirty, see the dust bunny in the top right of the first picture? No biggee, just thought I'd point it out, nothing that the clone stamp tool can't take care of. :-)
Buzzsaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2007, 9:17 PM   #4

Thanks Mike, I thought the same thing when I was processing these photos. But I think it was something in the water behind the Killdeer. It wasn't in any of the other pictures that I took today and there were multiple blotches like that ( I did clone out a couple) in the other Killdeer photos. I did find a hot pixel in several shots from today. Not sure if there is anything I can do about that. Or if I need to even worry about it.
Steve
Old Jan 20, 2007, 9:24 PM   #5

beautiful shots, Steve... especially that first one. what lens were you using, and how far were you from the killdeer??
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2007, 9:47 PM   #6

squirl033 wrote:
Quote:
beautiful shots, Steve... especially that first one. what lens were you using, and how far were you from the killdeer??
Thanks Squirl, I am using the Tamron 200mm-500mm on a D80 and if the Killdeer had been any closer I wouldn't have been able to get it in focus. He literally walked by at around 10-12 feet. I shoot from my truck. I have the window 3/4 of the way down with an old army blanket drapped over it. Then I rest the lens on the blanket and breathe r-e-a-l-l-y s-l-o-w-l-y :G. It works most of the time. Today I had to shoot at 400 iso because of some light overcast, which cleared as soon as I decided to head home. Typical.
Thanks for the compliment.
Steve
Old Jan 20, 2007, 11:04 PM   #7

amazing... from the angle of the shots, it looked almost like you weredown at his level waiting forhim!
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2007, 11:56 PM   #8

Thanks again, and here's one more.

Old Jan 21, 2007, 12:54 AM   #9

Excellent stuff Steve! Never been able to get that close to a killdeer before. Beautiful shots.

Nice combo that Tamrom lens with the d80. Wish they made that lens in a Pentax mount. I'd be buying one right away if they did. Maybe Tamron will consider it now that the new body seems to have resurrected Pentax a little...cheers....Don
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2007, 12:05 PM   #10

thekman620 wrote:
Quote:
Excellent stuff Steve! Never been able to get that close to a killdeer before. Beautiful shots.

Nice combo that Tamrom lens with the d80. Wish they made that lens in a Pentax mount. I'd be buying one right away if they did. Maybe Tamron will consider it now that the new body seems to have resurrected Pentax a little...cheers....Don
Yeah, that would be nice. You would like it, I know. I have really enjoyed this lens and I have been very impressed with it's quality. It hunts a little bit when trying to capture flight shots but that's probably just as much my fault. Sooner or later I will figure out a technique that works. :G
All the best,
Steve