Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Mar 6, 2007, 9:06 PM   #11
KEM

Excellent job on the fox Mike! The last being my favorite. I like the action with the paw breaking out of the snow. Well done!
Did you get a chance to shoot the Cougar?

-Kent
KEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2007, 7:02 AM   #12

Excellent shots Mike. Love the expressions on the little guy. You really got some fabulous compositions on these..............Don
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2007, 8:27 AM   #13

VP, thanks, he was a natural poser. :-)

Gallatin, I appreciate those words. :-) I was using the D200 with the 300mm F/2.8 shooting at ISO 100 and 200 at F8. That lens is sooo nice, I usually use the Nikkor 80-400mm, but I leased that 300 prime and now I'm buying one. What a huge difference in speed, sharpness and its flexibilty to photograph in low light situations.

Kent, we did notchoose to shoot that species, however I would have like to.I'm hoping to when I go back in June to photographmama Bear and the cubs. Have you been there? It's truly a fantastic place.:-)

Don, thanks for the compliment on the compositions, some of that is due to after the fact cropping vs shooting it correctly originally.
Buzzsaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2007, 11:31 PM   #14
KEM

No, unfortunately I've never been there but i remember seeing some shots over on Naturescapes of a Cougar running through the snow that were simply amazing. I'd love to have the opportunity to photograph a Cougar in that setting.
-Kent
Buzzsaw wrote:
Quote:

Kent, we did notchoose to shoot that species, however I would have like to.I'm hoping to when I go back in June to photographmama Bear and the cubs. Have you been there? It's truly a fantastic place.:-)
KEM is offline   Reply With Quote