Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Apr 19, 2007, 1:09 PM   #1

DUCK Down!!! NOW!!! OspreyLand

I was waiting for either Ma or Pa to come back to their nest. I heard her wings behind me, She went on by but made another circle instead of going to her nest with her small twig so she came by again so I turned around and as I pressed the trigger she turned. I said "Yes Ma I am to close and I will leave and I went to a different bush a little farther away. She went to her nest and dropped the twig and settled in.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 19, 2007, 3:29 PM   #2
VP

Nice closeups, Roger. I am guessing when she showed you the talon sandwich....you got the message?:lol:
VP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2007, 5:21 PM   #3

VP wrote:
Quote:
Nice closeups, Roger. I am guessing when she showed you the talon sandwich....you got the message?:lol:
I did get the message and moved back to my old spot in a bush about 15 yards back and she was happy. Thanks for looking and for commenting.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
Old Apr 19, 2007, 5:36 PM   #4

Great shot. That k10D and Sigma 50-500 seem to be the perfect wildlife photo combo, especially with the camera support.
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2007, 5:48 PM   #5

lesmore49 wrote:
Quote:
Great shot. That k10D and Sigma 50-500 seem to be the perfect wildlife photo combo, especially with the camera support.
Lesmore about all I can say is so far I am a happy camper with my set up. Thank you for commenting and for looking.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
Old Apr 19, 2007, 7:21 PM   #6

Very nice captures and avery close encounter !! Looks like that BushHawk gadget comes in handy.
jotajota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2007, 7:40 PM   #7

jotajota wrote:
Quote:
Very nice captures and avery close encounter !! Looks like that BushHawk gadget comes in handy.
Hi jotajota thank you for commenting and for taking the time to look. Yes so far I am a happy Camper with my BushHawk.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
Old Apr 19, 2007, 8:52 PM   #8

You think that incounter was close...Wait until the baby hatches...Your bush wont be much help...We had pair nest in the trees in the back yard several years ago...For a couple of weeks we couldnt even go in the back yard...If the mother didnt scare you, the dad did...My poor Kitty Kitty was house bound for a month.... :?
John at the Beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2007, 8:59 PM   #9

John at the Beach wrote:
Quote:
You think that incounter was close...Wait until the baby hatches...Your bush wont be much help...We had pair nest in the trees in the back yard several years ago...For a couple of weeks we couldnt even go in the back yard...If the mother didnt scare you, the dad did...My poor Kitty Kitty was house bound for a month.... :?
She seems to have a distance she is comfortable with and if I get any closer she calls out softly and then loudly if I don't move back. Last year it was the same way and she doesn't seem to mind even after the kids arrive as long as I don't cross her its no longer Ok line. Thanks John for looking and commenting.

TOTALLY WACKY roger