Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Apr 22, 2007, 8:35 AM   #1

OspreyLand - In flight landing series

Wildlife never ceases to amaze me!!! We were experiencing a wrap around wind so I went to a different bush directly across from my normal bush when we have westerly winds. Sure enough when she came back to her nest she circled it as normal then went to the opposite side than her normal landing pattern. She did this to take advantage of the wind. She landed going into the wind which I am sure makes it easier to slow down. A very nice smooth landing by Ma Osprey.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 22, 2007, 10:54 AM   #2
VP

Nice flight series, Roger. Are they still just in process of nest building and no eggs yet?
VP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2007, 12:24 PM   #3

VP wrote:
Quote:
Nice flight series, Roger. Are they still just in process of nest building and no eggs yet?
I believe in the last couple of days 2 of the lady's have laid eggs or are just about to lay their eggs. They are staying in their nest and are down in it laying down and not as vocal. That means in about 5 weeks they should have some little ones. One of the other gals is still on the side of her nest and moving twigs around so I think she hasn't got any eggs yet or is not real close.

VP thanks for commenting and for looking.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
Old Apr 23, 2007, 10:18 AM   #4

Great series Roger

I noticed you use White Balance = Auto white balance. Do you prefer auto over sunny?

Thanks for sharing
Jeff
jbarrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2007, 10:25 AM   #5

jbarrick wrote:
Quote:
Great series Roger

I noticed you use White Balance = Auto white balance. Do you prefer auto over sunny?

Thanks for sharing
Jeff
Hi to YA!!! Jeff. I pretty much use my camera like a point and shoot. I have never tried any other settings. I have the book so some day I am going to try a few different settings I don't know much about cameras so I am pretty slow in trying things. Lots of folks ask me about this ISO thing so I am going to read about it this week and try it. Thanks for looking and commenting.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
Old Apr 23, 2007, 2:52 PM   #6

A camera? Gimmea break Roger. This series was taken with acamcorder with some frames deleted. Seriously, my wacky friend, that is one pleasure-to-look-at bunch of shots. Ya done real good. Love your stuff. Keep shooting! Dan
fishguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2007, 4:49 PM   #7

fishguy wrote:
Quote:
A camera? Gimmea break Roger. This series was taken with acamcorder with some frames deleted. Seriously, my wacky friend, that is one pleasure-to-look-at bunch of shots. Ya done real good. Love your stuff. Keep shooting! Dan
DAN!!!!! shssssssssh don't tell everybody about my secret camcorder, I don got everybody thinking its my Pentax K10D. Thanks for making me smile and for looking.

TOTALLY WACKY roger