Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Apr 24, 2007, 5:17 PM   #11

great shots, as always, Roger... i'm gonna have to get ME a rubber stamp now!!

Lesmore, i can vouch for Sigma lenses. i have the 80-400, which has a little less reach than Roger's "Bigma", but is stabilized (my Canon doesn't have internal stabilization). the optical quality that lens is capable of rivals the best lenses Canon can offer, as long asi do my part. Sigma has made some lenses that were not up to snuff, but the 80-400 and the 50-500 are not among them!
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2007, 5:32 PM   #12

Good series Roger. They have an impressive wingspan and pattern, but my, they are butt ugly in the mug dept.....cheers.......Don
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2007, 5:44 PM   #13

fishguy wrote:
Quote:
Right on, Roger! We have 'em here too. That white stuff looks like poo-squirt. These birds often nest in rocks and crags. While I was in Spain, I saw a Griffon Vulture walk to the edge of it's nest, turn around and emit a long stream of the white stuff. Any bird flying below the rocky ledge it was on (including it's mate) would have beenat risk of beinghit. A possibility here? Great shots. Dan
Hi to YA!!! Dan. I am sure your right about the white stuff. Thanks for commenting and for looking.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2007, 5:45 PM   #14

Cool Breeze wrote:
Quote:
Cool pics Roger! We call them by both names "Back East" also. I went to the County Dump once to drop off some debris. Thousands of Seagulls were there. Also, sitting by himself was 1 turkey vulture. No seagull would get within 10 feet of him.

Can't lose the reputation i guess, lol.
Mr. Cool Breeze hello to you. about the only time they are pretty is when they are flying. Not pretty up close. Thanks for commenting and for looking.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
Old Apr 24, 2007, 5:47 PM   #15

squirl033 wrote:
Quote:

Lesmore, i can vouch for Sigma lenses. i have the 80-400, which has a little less reach than Roger's "Bigma", but is stabilized (my Canon doesn't have internal stabilization). the optical quality that lens is capable of rivals the best lenses Canon can offer, as long asi do my part. Sigma has made some lenses that were not up to snuff, but the 80-400 and the 50-500 are not among them!
I have to think you and I both have pretty gooood lenses. Like you said now tht we got them it is up to us. Thaks for commenting Rocky and for taking the time to look.

TOTALLY WACKY roger

Old Apr 24, 2007, 7:14 PM   #16

Thanks for the testimonial. I want to get a long telephoto zoom and it's good to hear and see what different makes can do.

squirl033 wrote:
Quote:

lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2007, 7:56 PM   #17

thekman620 wrote:
Quote:
Good series Roger. They have an impressive wingspan and pattern, but my, they are butt ugly in the mug dept.....cheers.......Don
Hi Don, YUP!!! you and I agree they probably wouldn't win the prettiest bird contest. Thanks for looking and for commenting.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
Old Apr 24, 2007, 11:14 PM   #18

WOW! These are THE BEST Turkey Vulture photos I've ever seen
101Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2007, 7:57 AM   #19

101Linda wrote:
Quote:
WOW! These are THE BEST Turkey Vulture photos I've ever seen
LInda thanks for the nice comment and for looking.

TOTALLY WACKY roger