Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old May 24, 2007, 8:49 AM   #1

Fuzzy emergency (Baby Owl)

A friend of mine that has a RV park down by the river called me and told me a Baby Owl was down on the ground and he didn't think it could fly. I went down and sure enough it was Fuzzy. Some how or another he had fallen from his tree by the nest and took off for the nearest cover which is the the RV Park by the cabins pretty close to the river. He was on a railing at the back of one of the cabins when I got there and Mom was yelling at him. He tried to fly up to the nearest tree limb but couldn't get much more than about 3 to 4 feet up from where he started. He then got back on the steps then up to the railing. I stayed back not wanting to interfere with him and his mom. After a couple of tries it was obvious he wasn't going to make it and he seemed pretty tired. By now Mom was only doing an occasional hoot and had stopped screaming.

Not a good place for him and he can't get up to a tree limb so I decided to call fish and game. They sent a officer up and asked if we would watch the little guy until the officer could get there. So now I am on Fuzzy baby sitting duty until the officer can get up to us from about 75 miles away. When the officer arrived it was getting close to dark and Fuzzy had had time to rest so he wanted to see if Fuzzy would try and get up on a tree. NOPE he couldn't make it but he did try. Now the chase was on. Fuzzy is pretty fast and was using bushes to try and hide in. finally Fuzzy is in a cage and on the way to the wildlife rescue place about 75 miles south of us. I checked today and he is healthy and doing fine and they expect to turn him loose as soon as he is ready.

While waiting I took some photos.

Here is Fuzzy on the railing

Closer

And Closer

The real close up

A very unhappy mother

Another view of mom

Here is a link to another thread about Fuzzy before the fall out of the tree problem

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=11

TOTALLY WACKY roger
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 24, 2007, 5:47 PM   #2

Well Roger, looks like this time you done did real good, looking after Fuzzy. Greatphotos. Cheers, Dan
fishguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2007, 7:32 PM   #3

You did good roger. Bummer that Fuzzy is going to be separated from his mother, but at least he is in safe hands now. The ground is never a good place for a bird that can't fly.

- Hung
royce10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2007, 10:42 PM   #4

fishguy wrote:
Quote:
Well Roger, looks like this time you done did real good, looking after Fuzzy. Greatphotos. Cheers, Dan
Cheers to YA!!! Dan. Good news is Fuzzy is going to be OK and wild and free in a few months or weeks. Thanks for looking and commenting.

TOTALLY WACKY roger

WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2007, 11:16 PM   #5

Great shots Roger! Hope Mama ain't too upset..cheers......Don
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2007, 9:58 AM   #6

Great series Roger

Thanks for sharing
Jeff
jbarrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2007, 12:45 PM   #7

Rodger to the rescue..nice shots and well done