Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Jun 25, 2007, 3:47 PM   #11

royce10 wrote:
Quote:
great shots. i agree. 1st shot is picture perfect.

- hung
Hello to you Royce. Thanks for looking and for taking the time to comment.

TOTALLY WACKY roger

WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2007, 4:59 PM   #12

No.1 looks like something out of a Walt Disney cartoon - cute as a button, but he looks like heneeds a manicure on his left front paw!No3 & 4 looks like a lactating female - she must have (or be about to have) babies, and won't be far from her burrow. If you can tear yourself away from your Ospreys, the little onescould be out and around before long, and youmight be able toget back there to photograph them.

Something was bothering me though, and I guess I wasn't paying close enough attention, but I just realized these aren't chipmunks! Sorry I didn't catch it sooner, Roger-- itsnot the fault of your pictures, which couldn't be better --but chipmunks all have striped faces and pointier snouts -- these are actually Golden-mantled Ground Squirrels, which have similarly striped backs. Fortunately for them, they are better atknowing who's whothan we are! I hope you don't mind the correction, but I thought you would like to know.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2007, 7:11 PM   #13

penolta wrote:
Quote:
No.1 looks like something out of a Walt Disney cartoon - cute as a button, but he looks like heneeds a manicure on his left front paw!No3 & 4 looks like a lactating female - she must have (or be about to have) babies, and won't be far from her burrow. If you can tear yourself away from your Ospreys, the little onescould be out and around before long, and youmight be able toget back there to photograph them.

Something was bothering me though, and I guess I wasn't paying close enough attention, but I just realized these aren't chipmunks! Sorry I didn't catch it sooner, Roger-- itsnot the fault of your pictures, which couldn't be better --but chipmunks all have striped faces and pointier snouts -- these are actually Golden-mantled Ground Squirrels, which have similarly striped backs. Fortunately for them, they are better atknowing who's whothan we are! I hope you don't mind the correction, but I thought you would like to know.
Thanks penolta for the correct information. I am not much good at correct names for a lot of the animals I get photos of. That is OK with me since my love is being outdoors with them. I will try and remember Golden-Mantled. Sounds like a really big name for such a small thing.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote