Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Sep 7, 2007, 12:59 AM   #11

Look at all these beautifully captured BIF shots!
Seems like someone is having alot of fun up there in Canada.
Hehehehe. Love those kingfisher shots Don. Keep them coming!

- Hung
royce10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2007, 6:08 AM   #12

Quote:
Do you have the pro version or the standard?...cheers..Don

Hi Don, I went with the professional one, it's 16 bit vs 8 bit. I think it's an absolutely wonderful plug in! :-)
Buzzsaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2007, 9:33 AM   #13

BIF shots seem to be as easy as ABC here, but this fallacy falls apart quickly when one tries it outdoor on their own. Terrific shots. An inspiration to try out something of my ownon a sunny Saturday or Sunday.
wk7leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2007, 10:24 AM   #14

Thanks VP, Hung, Leung! It is fun shooting BIF's. Still need lots of practice. Now the bad news. Had to send the 30d back. Kept freezing up and going dead. So the store said they'd replace it. Must have got a bad unit. Hope this doesn't recur with the next new body.....cheers...Don
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2007, 10:25 AM   #15

Buzzsaw wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Do you have the pro version or the standard?...cheers..Don

Hi Don, I went with the professional one, it's 16 bit vs 8 bit. I think it's an absolutely wonderful plug in! :-)
Thanks Mike!...cheers...Don
Old Sep 7, 2007, 1:23 PM   #16

Quote:
Now the bad news. Had to send the 30d back. Kept freezing up and going dead. So the store said they'd replace it. Must have got a bad unit.
Don, not that it is my business, but for not much more money, you could upgrade to the 40D and get a very very nice setup. The 30D is nice as well... I have a friend that was just contemplating buying one or the other and he was thinking originally the 30D because of the price, but for really only a few hundred more bones he got the 40D.

Buzzsaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2007, 3:18 PM   #17

Quote:
Don, not that it is my business, but for not much more money, you could upgrade to the 40D and get a very very nice setup. The 30D is nice as well... I have a friend that was just contemplating buying one or the other and he was thinking originally the 30D because of the price, but for really only a few hundred more bones he got the 40D

Don, I also wondered why you bought the 30D as opposed to the 40D, there is SOOOO much difference between the two, I have seen some posts taken by the 40d and it seems to be a really fantastic machine, almost in the league of the 1D series.

Might be worth your while to investigate -from a buddy in SA:G
JakeTPegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2007, 2:54 AM   #18

JakeTPegg wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Don, not that it is my business, but for not much more money, you could upgrade to the 40D and get a very very nice setup. The 30D is nice as well... I have a friend that was just contemplating buying one or the other and he was thinking originally the 30D because of the price, but for really only a few hundred more bones he got the 40D

Don, I also wondered why you bought the 30D as opposed to the 40D, there is SOOOO much difference between the two, I have seen some posts taken by the 40d and it seems to be a really fantastic machine, almost in the league of the 1D series.

Might be worth your while to investigate -from a buddy in SA:G
Hi Jake and Mike.

Yes, the 40d sounds like a great machine, but for the $400 I saved, not including the $150 rebate I'm going to receive, I thought the 30d would suit me just fine. It autofocuses very fast and very accurately, and suits me for what I'm trying to do. I'm not even that familiar with the camera yet, but have gotten some results that have surprised me. I'm going to put the money I saved towards a battery grip, and another L lens....cheers....Don
Old Sep 9, 2007, 8:45 AM   #19

Quote:
Hi Jake and Mike.

Yes, the 40d sounds like a great machine, but for the $400 I saved, not including the $150 rebate I'm going to receive, I thought the 30d would suit me just fine. It autofocuses very fast and very accurately, and suits me for what I'm trying to do. I'm not even that familiar with the camera yet, but have gotten some results that have surprised me. I'm going to put the money I saved towards a battery grip, and another L lens....cheers....Don

Of course, there will be the 50D coming out in the not so distant future:G:G
JakeTPegg is offline   Reply With Quote