Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Dec 9, 2007, 4:36 PM   #1

Wildlife After The Storm

We had the first of 3 storms get done and leave late last night. Another storm is due tonight and then the 3rd one is due Tuesday. I figured since the storm was over and another on the way this morning would be a good opportunity to catch some wildlife staying out a little latter which means better light. They want to catch up on the food they missed yesterday and extra for the coming storm.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 9, 2007, 4:44 PM   #2

Hey Roger, speaking of "done did good" You done did pretty darn good yourself! Everyone is awesome. I think there are some Christmas cards in them there shots. What incredible beauty. I am glad you went out and could share it with those of us that aren't as lucky. Many thanks.
Steve
smac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2007, 6:32 PM   #3

Great shots Roger! What a beautiful place you live! Like Steve says, I think there's a Christmas card in this series....cheers...Don
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2007, 6:33 PM   #4

I concurr with Steve, however, Im not that pleased with your PP of the sky. I think blue would have looked better than grey.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2007, 6:51 PM   #5

smac wrote:
Quote:
Hey Roger, speaking of "done did good" You done did pretty darn good yourself! Everyone is awesome. I think there are some Christmas cards in them there shots. What incredible beauty. I am glad you went out and could share it with those of us that aren't as lucky. Many thanks.
Steve
Thanks Steve for looking and for the nice comment.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
Old Dec 9, 2007, 6:51 PM   #6

thekman620 wrote:
Quote:
Great shots Roger! What a beautiful place you live! Like Steve says, I think there's a Christmas card in this series....cheers...Don
thanks for the kind comment and for taking the time to look. Your right I do live in a pretty place.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
Old Dec 9, 2007, 6:53 PM   #7

Bynx wrote:
Quote:
I concurr with Steve, however, Im not that pleased with your PP of the sky. I think blue would have looked better than grey.
Hi Bynx, I did not do any PP of the sky in any of the photos. The Bull Elk were about 3 miles from the cows and there was a mixture of clouds and fog where they were. Thanks for looking and for the kind comment.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
Old Dec 9, 2007, 9:14 PM   #8

Stunning and beautiful photos.
flutelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2007, 10:30 PM   #9

Beautiful shots.

So you have any tips for usign your camera out in that kind of weather? It seems to me that it would be a good idea to let your camera sit in the cold in its bag for a hour or so before shooting and do the same when bringing it in to avoid condensation. Do you do that? How's your camera holding up?
David French is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2007, 1:19 AM   #10

Wow, shots 6, 7, and 8 are just unbelievable as far as the foreground being separate from the sky. I thought I was wrong about the PP work but in 6 I thought I could see a black outline around the trees. Also the grey sky sure doesnt match the sunlit scene. Just an incredible weather pattern and equally incredible photo captures.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote