Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Dec 23, 2007, 12:33 PM   #11

aladyforty wrote:
Quote:
great start with the new camera, wish i could get one. Which 500 lens did you get?
This is the lens I got:
Canon Telephoto EF 500mm f/4.0L IS (Image Stabilizer) USM Autofocus Lens

Thank you for the nice comment.

Wacky roger

WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2007, 12:35 PM   #12

Number four may look like a "buzzard" (=vulture), but it is one cold looking turkey. It jusst lacks the "cuteness" factor of the Chickadees that have been posted lately.

The irridescent/metallic texture of the feathers is very close to reality, but would shine more in better light - Since a flash won't reach that far,maybe think you could use one of those "night sun" spotlights that the police helicopters have! :G

Looks like you are going to have great results with the new outfit,once you master alltheintricacies!:-D
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2007, 12:36 PM   #13

smac wrote:
Quote:
A big congratulations to you. Now I have even more reason to look forward to your posts. You are going to have a ball I'm sure and you are off to a great start.
For my first try and bad conditions I am OK with the photos. After I get this thing figured out I hope to have some keepers to post.

Wacky roger
Old Dec 23, 2007, 12:37 PM   #14

Bynx wrote:
Quote:
Those shots of the buzzard look like my second wife. I woke up one day after drinking the night before and there she was. I thought (wished) I was dead. Took me 3 years to fix the situation. Thanks for the reminder.
By the way, I have a wild rabbit which looks a lot like your shot sitting beside me as it usually does. Its name is Stewie Gilligan Mitchell. My kids idea.
1st tell Stewie Gilligan I said Hi. Your 2nd wife sounds like a real photo opportunity you lost.

Wacky roger

Old Dec 23, 2007, 12:40 PM   #15

penolta wrote:
Quote:
Number four may look like a "buzzard" (=vulture), but it is one cold looking turkey. It jusst lacks the "cuteness" factor of the Chickadees that have been posted lately.

The irridescent/metallic texture of the feathers is very close to reality, but would shine more in better light - Since a flash won't reach that far,maybe think you could use one of those "night sun" spotlights that the police helicopters have! :G

Looks like you are going to have great results with the new outfit,once you master alltheintricacies!:-D
"Looks like you are going to have great results with the new outfit,once you master alltheintricacies!"

After one time out with it I am thinking there is just to much to learn but I am stuborn and will get some keepers. I am anxious to try this set up in good light.

Wacky roger