Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Jan 10, 2008, 11:06 PM   #11

killdeer0007 wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for the background information and excellent pictures Roger. Did you use your new equipment for these shots?

Jim
Yes I used both cameras for these. The Pentax for the background photo and the Mark 3 for the close ups.

Wacky roger

WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2008, 9:03 AM   #12

WackyRoger wrote:
Quote:
squirl033 wrote:
Quote:
outstanding shots, as usual, Roger! and thanks for the information... i'd always thought pronghorns were... well, antelope! i'm mired in the photographers' nightmare of gray, dreary, gloomy and wet up here... it's enough to make a fellow take up needlepoint! well, not really... :?but it's definitely been a big-time loser of a winter this year... i spend most of my time plotting my vacation this spring to visit that scenic stretch of land between Bryce Canyon and the Arches... :G
Sorry to hear about your bad for photos weather. If I had Mother Natures phone number I would call asnd ask her to change it for you.

Think about a couple of days in Chama on your vacation and we can try and fill a few memory cards.

Wacky roger
i'd love to, Roger, but i'm on a bit of a tight schedule, and just won't have enough days to see all the things i want to and still make it over your way... but thanks for the invite! another time, for sure.. i have friends in Albuquerque, and one of these days i'll make it down there to visit, and i'll make sure to leave a few days to visit Chama! :G heck, the way things are going here in WA, i mayjust MOVE down thatway!
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2008, 8:57 PM   #13

Again, some very nice shots.
You folks are gonna think I am a blood thirsty killer. Not really so.

My last "Big Game" hunt was in Bill, WY. in 1987 and talk about Antelope. They were everywhere from Jackson Hole to Bill in small groups and large.

Stop the car for a look and they vaporized like F-16 fighter jets in combat. Very wary and alusive animals, a challenge to get close to and lovely to look at.

Flying Fossil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2008, 2:42 PM   #14

squirl033 wrote:
Quote:
WackyRoger wrote:
Quote:
squirl033 wrote:
Quote:
outstanding shots, as usual, Roger! and thanks for the information... i'd always thought pronghorns were... well, antelope! i'm mired in the photographers' nightmare of gray, dreary, gloomy and wet up here... it's enough to make a fellow take up needlepoint! well, not really... :?but it's definitely been a big-time loser of a winter this year... i spend most of my time plotting my vacation this spring to visit that scenic stretch of land between Bryce Canyon and the Arches... :G
Sorry to hear about your bad for photos weather. If I had Mother Natures phone number I would call asnd ask her to change it for you.

Think about a couple of days in Chama on your vacation and we can try and fill a few memory cards.

Wacky roger
i'd love to, Roger, but i'm on a bit of a tight schedule, and just won't have enough days to see all the things i want to and still make it over your way... but thanks for the invite! another time, for sure.. i have friends in Albuquerque, and one of these days i'll make it down there to visit, and i'll make sure to leave a few days to visit Chama! :G heck, the way things are going here in WA, i mayjust MOVE down thatway!
Gooooood idea on you may just move down here. We can have a lot of fun trying to fill some memory cards.

Wacky roger
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote