Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Feb 14, 2008, 3:28 PM   #1

BushHawk w/ Heavy lens (Ok Now)

Tried out my new idea yesterday and IMHO it is a WINER. I found the 1Dmark3 MP&S with a 500mm lens is heavy after a lot of hours or a pretty long hike. I added some padding to my rifle strap and now it is much more comfortable. I have attached the rifle sling to the lens just for safety.

I bought 2 seat belt pads and sewed them together and attached them to the padded area of the rifle sling and now a lot more padding for my shoulder and neck area.

Wacky roger
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 14, 2008, 5:07 PM   #2

WackyRoger wrote:
Quote:

Tried out my new idea yesterday and IMHO it is a WINER. I found the 1Dmark3 MP&S with a 500mm lens is heavy after a lot of hours or a pretty long hike. I added some padding to my rifle strap and now it is much more comfortable. I have attached the rifle sling to the lens just for safety.

I bought 2 seat belt pads and sewed them together and attached them to the padded area of the rifle sling and now a lot more padding for my shoulder and neck area.

Wacky roger

Jeez. That's quite an intimidating setup you got there Wacky Roger. It almost looks like a weapon from games like Quake or Doom! LOL. I would steer clear of any military bases while carrying that thing. Hehehe

- Hung
royce10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2008, 7:33 PM   #3

royce10 wrote:
Quote:
WackyRoger wrote:
Quote:

Wacky roger

Jeez. That's quite an intimidating setup you got there Wacky Roger. It almost looks like a weapon from games like Quake or Doom! LOL. I would steer clear of any military bases while carrying that thing. Hehehe

- Hung
Gooood idea on staying clear of military bases with it.

Wacky roger
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote