Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Feb 21, 2008, 9:52 PM   #1

I rarely get a shot of the grey partridge in a lighting environment that I can appreciate but this little scurry action shot was one that I liked as it scurried across a light dotted snow patch in order to escape my lens.

One

Two
Male Downy

Juvenile Snowy

Thanks all for having a look, Cheers!
Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 21, 2008, 10:50 PM   #2

Love the shots Norm. I really enjoy your perspective and the variety of your shots.
Excellence personified.

Steve
smac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2008, 1:13 AM   #3

Love that partridge shot, Norm
bmullen@comcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2008, 6:17 AM   #4
NHL

Yeap - That 1st one definetly will look nice in a picture frame... (The Snowy too)
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2008, 10:33 AM   #5

Beauties Norm. Love the Partridge shot with him trucking over the snow....very nice...cheers...Don
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2008, 5:05 PM   #6

Neat shots - hard to pick a favorite.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2008, 8:31 PM   #7

Thanks Steve, always a pleasure to hear from you. I got my "fixed" Mark III back a week ago and sent it back to Canon on Friday after getting an error 99 (for the first time ever with my camera since september). Murphy's Law :lol:. I had a great camera and sent it back to Canon so that I'd have the "papers" that demonstrated that it was all up to date by Canon's perspectives, which I received, then a few days later got the error 99, about 15 minutes before I had to shoot an awards ceremony.

No problem, my old Rebel did the job :roll::-)

I tried everything to solve the error 99 but nothing worked...so...back it went, all shipping at Canon expense, of course.

I should have been content with the camera's great performance and left it at that without sending it back for a fix that wasn't necessary and was inspired "only" by all of the press it's been getting. Oh well, what's done is done. Back shooting with my first camera, my trusty Rebel.

Hey, I do believe that "going to the hospital" too much may actually contribute to "worse health."

I'll be interested in seeing what Canon sends back to me now. Hey, maybe it will have a front stamp on it: N I K O N :-):G

Cheers buddy
Old Feb 23, 2008, 8:33 PM   #8

Thanks Bob, I was really pleased with that shot, the last one I actually took before the camera did an error 99 and I had to send it back to canon canada. Dang, the camera sure does a great job when it isn't sick
Old Feb 23, 2008, 8:34 PM   #9

Thanks NHL! Always great to hear from you
Old Feb 23, 2008, 8:38 PM   #10

thekman620 wrote:
Quote:
Beauties Norm. Love the Partridge shot with him trucking over the snow....very nice...cheers...Don
Thanks Don, sure is a pretty bird when the light hits it in the right place. I've taken a number of photos of this bird but they are always in the shadows or flying like crazy on the opposite side of my truck so I can't even begin to shoot them properly. I was all stretched out like a pretzel to get this one from the truck window and didn't expect to get anything worthwhile, so I'm pleased that I got this one. :G