Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Mar 1, 2008, 3:46 PM   #11

That last picture is stunning. Nice, soft....has a lovely quality about it. Perfect.
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2008, 6:33 PM   #12

bmullen@comcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2008, 10:21 PM   #13
KEM

Very nice!

-Kent

KEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2008, 5:30 AM   #14

Thanks all for viewing. The weather was tough in the past two months, so most water birds in the locality where I usually frequented for birdingwerepretty thin. And they spent most time sleeping. I got these about 1 week ago. She was sleeping among the foliage. My intrusion woke her up.
Attached Images

wk7leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2008, 5:31 AM   #15

Attached Images

Old Mar 2, 2008, 11:09 AM   #16

Really like #2 also. You sure get some great results with your setup....Don
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2008, 1:34 PM   #17

peter, my pick of the series is actually #3 surprisingly. normally i try my best to clone out branches that block the subject but in this shot all of the branches make for a very interesting composition. i would suggest more contrast just to make shot pop more.

- hung
royce10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2008, 7:26 PM   #18

thekman620 wrote:
Quote:
Really like #2 also. You sure get some great results with your setup....Don
'Use Swarovski's and you sure have great details in your shots.' Just kidding but Swarovski really has great glass. The problem not is with Nikon's zoom lens in Nikon P5100 as well as the small CCD in the latter. Thanks for viewing and giving comments.
Old Mar 2, 2008, 7:34 PM   #19

royce10 wrote:
Quote:
peter, my pick of the series is actually #3 surprisingly. normally i try my best to clone out branches that block the subject but in this shot all of the branches make for a very interesting composition. i would suggest more contrast just to make shot pop more.

- hung
Hung, I like making use of the objects in both the foreground and background to make shots more interesting and the object being shot more prominent.

Regarding adding more contrast, I have the feeling that since we tune our monitor differently, the tone, colors and contrast of the shot we see on our monitors will be a little different. I stay with the default setting of the monitor and accept it as the standard for setting the brightness, contrast and colors of my shots. Perhaps, my monitor is a bit too contrastive, so my shots become less contrastive when posted up here.

Really, it is an intriguing issue and some sort of a standard is needed to standardize things outfor more pleasant picture viewing in the Internet.

Old Mar 3, 2008, 7:28 AM   #20

I moved to the other side of the slope to catch the light that fell head on on the face of this night heron. The glare on her eye was what I was expecting for before I pressed the shutter. the background light was strong and so I chose the leaves of the Queen Crape Myrtle as part of the backgroundto average out the strong background light. It has been my third time trying to shoot the heron on this tree at dusk time after work. I got these three which came out fine when viewing on the monitor at home tonight.

Digiscoped using a Swarovski 80ATS, a30x-eyepiece and a Nikon P5100. ISO kept at 200.

Attached Images