Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 9, 2008, 10:27 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
thekman620's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 6,084
Default

These are from the other day...cheers....Don

Black tail showing his new growth..



...he stared this way for a good minute or more...don't have clue what he was looking at



A young gal...



Robin. This shot ended up being at ISO 3200. The Mark III is so nice for this dark climate..



and a local bud getting ready to open..


thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 9, 2008, 2:58 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
fishguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,424
Default

Nice close-ups Don, I like the detail in the deer shots. Dan
fishguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2008, 9:13 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Sabine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 701
Default

Pretty deer, Don, and that Robin looks great at ISO 3200. Do you know what your shutter speed was on that shot?
Sabine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2008, 6:26 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Trojansoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Hot Springs, AR
Posts: 3,723
Default

Nice shots, I particularly find the blacktail deer interesting since we don't have them around here.

Paul
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2008, 9:33 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
thekman620's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 6,084
Default

Thanks Dan, VP and Paul. We have lots of Black Tails at our wildlife sanctuary, and they're quite tame. You can pretty well walk right up to them sometimes.

VP- the shutter speed was 1/400. It was a very dull day which we get so many of around here. One of the main reasons I went for the Mark III. It's ISO performance is compared to the 5d which is more or less the best you can get in the Canon world. Detail is quite good at high ISO as long as you get your exposure correct. Underexpose, and your done....cheers....Don
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2008, 10:29 AM   #6
KEM
Senior Member
 
KEM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,458
Default

Great shots Don! I really like the Robin and Bud... Was the bud taken with the same Lens?

-Kent




KEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2008, 10:48 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
thekman620's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 6,084
Default

KEM wrote:
Quote:
Great shots Don! I really like the Robin and Bud... Was the bud taken with the same Lens?

-Kent


Thanks Kent! Yes, the same lens. I take my camera with my 300 and 1.4tc attached and hike through our wildlife sanctuary. That's my setup. I don't take anything else. I don't like carrying any more than I have to......cheers...Don
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2008, 5:09 PM   #8
KEM
Senior Member
 
KEM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,458
Default

thekman620 wrote:
Quote:
KEM wrote:
Quote:
Great shots Don! I really like the Robin and Bud... Was the bud taken with the same Lens?

-Kent


Thanks Kent! Yes, the same lens. I take my camera with my 300 and 1.4tc attached and hike through our wildlife sanctuary. That's my setup. I don't take anything else. I don't like carrying any more than I have to......cheers...Don

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Great minds think alike :idea:I also use the 300mm f4 1.tc combo as my main setup, they make excellent 400mm f5.6 primes and double as great macros with a long working distance for the flighty bugs


-Kent


KEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2008, 9:22 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
thekman620's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 6,084
Default

KEM wrote:
Quote:
thekman620 wrote:
Quote:
KEM wrote:
Quote:
Great shots Don! I really like the Robin and Bud... Was the bud taken with the same Lens?

-Kent


Thanks Kent! Yes, the same lens. I take my camera with my 300 and 1.4tc attached and hike through our wildlife sanctuary. That's my setup. I don't take anything else. I don't like carrying any more than I have to......cheers...Don

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Great minds think alike :idea:I also use the 300mm f4 1.tc combo as my main setup, they make excellent 400mm f5.6 primes and double as great macros with a long working distance for the flighty bugs


-Kent

Yes, it's a good setup, and if it's really dark, you can take off the 1.4. Once in a while though, I wish it was a zoom...not very often though. Only when the deer come by...cheers...Don
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 7:32 AM.