Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old May 9, 2008, 10:27 AM   #1

These are from the other day...cheers....Don

Black tail showing his new growth..

...he stared this way for a good minute or more...don't have clue what he was looking at

A young gal...

Robin. This shot ended up being at ISO 3200. The Mark III is so nice for this dark climate..

and a local bud getting ready to open..

thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 9, 2008, 2:58 PM   #2

Nice close-ups Don, I like the detail in the deer shots. Dan
fishguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2008, 9:13 PM   #3

Pretty deer, Don, and that Robin looks great at ISO 3200. Do you know what your shutter speed was on that shot?
Sabine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2008, 6:26 AM   #4

Nice shots, I particularly find the blacktail deer interesting since we don't have them around here.

Paul
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2008, 9:33 AM   #5

Thanks Dan, VP and Paul. We have lots of Black Tails at our wildlife sanctuary, and they're quite tame. You can pretty well walk right up to them sometimes.

VP- the shutter speed was 1/400. It was a very dull day which we get so many of around here. One of the main reasons I went for the Mark III. It's ISO performance is compared to the 5d which is more or less the best you can get in the Canon world. Detail is quite good at high ISO as long as you get your exposure correct. Underexpose, and your done....cheers....Don
Old May 10, 2008, 10:29 AM   #6
KEM

Great shots Don! I really like the Robin and Bud... Was the bud taken with the same Lens?

-Kent

KEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2008, 10:48 AM   #7

KEM wrote:
Quote:
Great shots Don! I really like the Robin and Bud... Was the bud taken with the same Lens?

-Kent

Thanks Kent! Yes, the same lens. I take my camera with my 300 and 1.4tc attached and hike through our wildlife sanctuary. That's my setup. I don't take anything else. I don't like carrying any more than I have to......cheers...Don
Old May 10, 2008, 5:09 PM   #8
KEM

thekman620 wrote:
Quote:
KEM wrote:
Quote:

-Kent

Thanks Kent! Yes, the same lens. I take my camera with my 300 and 1.4tc attached and hike through our wildlife sanctuary. That's my setup. I don't take anything else. I don't like carrying any more than I have to......cheers...Don

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Great minds think alike :idea:I also use the 300mm f4 1.tc combo as my main setup, they make excellent 400mm f5.6 primes and double as great macros with a long working distance for the flighty bugs

-Kent

KEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2008, 9:22 AM   #9

KEM wrote:
Quote:
thekman620 wrote:
Quote:
KEM wrote:
Quote:

-Kent

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Great minds think alike :idea:I also use the 300mm f4 1.tc combo as my main setup, they make excellent 400mm f5.6 primes and double as great macros with a long working distance for the flighty bugs

-Kent

Yes, it's a good setup, and if it's really dark, you can take off the 1.4. Once in a while though, I wish it was a zoom...not very often though. Only when the deer come by...cheers...Don