Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Feb 3, 2009, 4:13 PM   #21

Aahh, a man after my own heart. I too have a mac and CS3. I also have a PC and CS3 but I prefer my Mac. Good luck and post your results.
By the way if you go to www.photoshoptopsecret.com you can see what this guy has to offer in the way of tutorials. I just received his 5 DVD package and am really impressed. His example of snowboarders flying out of the frame is incredible considering the dragged snow comes with it. His tutorials are excellent with a pleasing voice and explicit knowlege. I wish there was a way I can let you see the tutorial on OOBs.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2009, 8:57 PM   #22

Bynx, Awesome edit, beautiful.
flutelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2009, 2:21 PM   #23

Bynx wrote:
Quote:
Aahh, a man after my own heart. I too have a mac and CS3. I also have a PC and CS3 but I prefer my Mac. Good luck and post your results.
By the way if you go to http://www.photoshoptopsecret.com you can see what this guy has to offer in the way of tutorials. I just received his 5 DVD package and am really impressed. His example of snowboarders flying out of the frame is incredible considering the dragged snow comes with it. His tutorials are excellent with a pleasing voice and explicit knowlege. I wish there was a way I can let you see the tutorial on OOBs.
Oh well, I appreciate the offer Bynx.
I look at his page and the tutorials do look very interesting. As you get farther into them let me know if you still think they would be worth buying. I am seriously considering them.
Thanks,
Steve
smac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2009, 10:50 PM   #24

Steve, this is a fantastic series of shots. The ducks are simply amazing.

Bynx, thanks for the link to the tutorial on flickr. I've already gone through it and find the potential astounding.

Paul
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2009, 12:20 AM   #25

Thanks Paul ...... and another big thank you again to Bynx for all the help and suggestions.
Here is my first, feeble attempt at OOB. I didn't really know what I was doing this first time or I would have chosen a better background. But hey! There is always next time and it was pretty easy to follow the tutorial and for a first attempt, I am not disappointed.

Cheers... Steve

Last edited by smac; Jan 30, 2014 at 11:51 AM.
Old Feb 5, 2009, 4:52 AM   #26

By George, I think he's got it. Yes you do. Excellent job Steve. And I see nothing wrong with your background. Having the drop shadow helps with the 3D effect which I neglected to do on the ones I posted here. Now the tutorial we have talked about discusses how to punch out even more. This is the photo which is discussed step by step. The amazing thing about this is even the snow has been included AND its transparent snow so whatever color your background is, it shows through the snow, just like the real thing. Also doing it his way allows you to make different background changes to anything you want as often as you want since everything is in layers. Here are the original and after shot.

Attached Images

Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2009, 9:28 AM   #27

Awesome! I am so looking into that tutorial series. Thanks a million for giving me yet another time consuming aspect to this "Hobby???". :blah:
Cheers
Steve
Old Feb 5, 2009, 6:16 PM   #28

Guys, this technique is just TOO cool. My birds aren't as good as Steve's, but I love the technique.

Paul
Attached Images

Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2009, 7:18 PM   #29

Go Paul! That is so cool. That's an great effect. It's not too hard either is it paul? Just a little time consuming but the result is well worth the effort I think.
Nice job. I'm going to try another picture tonight if I can get time.

Well done,
Steve
Old Feb 5, 2009, 8:34 PM   #30

speechless. wonderful work.
Donna A. is offline   Reply With Quote