Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 12, 2009, 11:57 PM   #1
Senior Member
squirl033's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,783

yes, Virginia, there really is something called a snipe... this is a Wilson's snipe, sometimes called a Common snipe. normally they hide in clumps of dead reeds and grasses, and are very difficult to see. but sometimes they come out to forage and if you're lucky, you can get a good look at them...

not really hiding, just blending in with the reeds... 40D, 400mm, 1/1000 @ f/10

out for a walkabout... 40D, 400mm, 1/400 @ f/10

squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 13, 2009, 8:45 AM   #2
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 166

[align=center]So THAT is what a snipe looks like. As a child I spent many nights in the woods with my back to a tree and a paper bag above my head hunting this elusive critter. :lol:

Good photos thanks for posting

StevieRaveOn is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 7:32 PM.