Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old May 10, 2009, 12:02 PM   #1

Default juvie bald eagle

this youngster flew over while i was visiting the park yesterday, and gave me a relatively close shot. i just wish one of these days they'd fly lower, so i can get something other than a silhouette against the sky! 40D, 400mm, 1/1250 @ f/8...

squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 10, 2009, 12:11 PM   #2
conor

Since the background was a very constant color, the magic wand selected it beautifully, i dropped the brightness of the sky, then increased the brightness and contrast of the entire image.

Last edited by conor; Apr 21, 2016 at 9:14 AM.
Old May 10, 2009, 1:04 PM   #3

thanks, Conor... my main PC died a week ago, and as i'm unemployed at the moment, i can't afford repairs, so i'm using my laptop... it's not nearly as good for image processing, so i don't expect the images i process on it to come out correctly... my original post looks right - or too dark - depending on the angle of the screen, and i'm not sure at all what it will look like on a good monitor, much less my calibrated CRT...
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2009, 1:06 PM   #4
conor

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirl033 View Post
thanks, Conor... my main PC died a week ago, and as i'm unemployed at the moment, i can't afford repairs, so i'm using my laptop... it's not nearly as good for image processing, so i don't expect the images i process on it to come out correctly... my original post looks right - or too dark - depending on the angle of the screen, and i'm not sure at all what it will look like on a good monitor, much less my calibrated CRT...
does your laptop have a VGA plug? most do, you might be able to connect your CRT to it (Assuming the monitor isnt the part thats broken)