Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Sep 27, 2009, 6:54 PM   #11

Sorry Don, I didn't mean to hijack your thread. I'm done.
smac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2009, 7:23 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by smac View Post
Sorry Don, I didn't mean to hijack your thread. I'm done.

No problem at all Steve and Dave. I find the conversation interesting and educating. I processed these on purpose to be "punchy" as I stated in a reply to Dave's first reply. I only asked about his monitor, because I have mine calibrated, and wasn't real sure if these were over the top or not. Sorry Dave. I wasn't being facitious about your monitor. I should have expained it more clearly as to my meaning. I usually go for a flatter process, but decided to experiment a little on these....cheers...Don
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2009, 7:28 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chato View Post
I believe my monitor is perfectly calibrated. I notice that people on these forums are reluctant to criticise really good shots - As these are really good shots. For your benefit, I think people should be less reluctant to either critique your shots, or critique my critique...

Just because I believe my monitor to be calibrated, doesn't make it so.

Dave
Hi Dave,

Believe me, I don't mind being critqued. I use it to my benefit I hope. I asked about your monitor, because mine is also calibrated, but I wasn't real sure if these were too "punchy". They are very contrasty on mine too. As I said, I was just messing about. I usually go for a flatter process, but decided to experiment a little. I should have explained myself better in the first reply. My apologies....cheers....Don
Old Sep 27, 2009, 7:32 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekman620 View Post
Hi Dave,

Believe me, I don't mind being critqued. I use it to my benefit I hope. I asked about your monitor, because mine is also calibrated, but I wasn't real sure if these were too "punchy". They are very contrasty on mine too. As I said, I was just messing about. I usually go for a flatter process, but decided to experiment a little. I should have explained myself better in the first reply. My apologies....cheers....Don

He, heh, you have nothing to apologise for.

Good shots! And as my favorite wine guide tells me, the best wine in the world is the wine you like best.

Dave
Chato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2009, 11:46 PM   #15

nice series, Don... i really like the last one. the light hitting the side of his head, while the rest is largely in shadow, makes for a very dramatic photo. nicely done!
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2009, 9:55 AM   #16

I love the drama ("look") of the last photo. It makes a profound statement, which, I believe, is what the artist/photographer desires.
101Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2009, 4:21 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirl033 View Post
nice series, Don... i really like the last one. the light hitting the side of his head, while the rest is largely in shadow, makes for a very dramatic photo. nicely done!
Thanks Rocky. I liked this one too. The light was just right for this type of shot...cheers...Don
Old Sep 29, 2009, 4:22 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101Linda View Post
I love the drama ("look") of the last photo. It makes a profound statement, which, I believe, is what the artist/photographer desires.
Thanks very much Linda! You perceived what I desired with this photo...cheers..Don