Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 12, 2010, 1:00 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
WackyRoger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chama, New Mexico
Posts: 6,206
Default Sturnus vulgaris or ????

Sturnus vulgaris or ????

Every year I am seeing more of these.

1.


2.


3.


4.
__________________
WACKY roger
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 12, 2010, 1:09 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,990
Default

And he's looking for a Hot Babe to make even more...

Dave
Chato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2010, 3:22 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Western Canada
Posts: 3,076
Default

Are those European Starlings Roger ? If they are, my understanding is that they are a successful invasive species.

I love wildlife, but I do have difficulty with invasive species, like Starlings, considering the effect that they have on native species.

BTW...nice pix...I always find very dark coloured birds...crows, ravens, magpies difficult to get good photo's of...but you do it very nicely.

Les
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2010, 3:54 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Goldwinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Winter Haven, Florida
Posts: 6,515
Default

Very nice shots, regardless of what it is!
__________________
GW

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2010, 4:42 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
WackyRoger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chama, New Mexico
Posts: 6,206
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chato View Post
And he's looking for a Hot Babe to make even more...

Dave

Hi Dave, you could be right about him looking for a pretty lady.
__________________
WACKY roger
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2010, 5:32 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,990
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WackyRoger View Post
Hi Dave, you could be right about him looking for a pretty lady.
He's just getting into mating plumage and the beak is turning orange. These guys are all over my neighborhood in the local bars coming on to various woman.

Dave
Chato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2010, 12:46 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
WackyRoger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chama, New Mexico
Posts: 6,206
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesmore49 View Post
Are those European Starlings Roger ? If they are, my understanding is that they are a successful invasive species.

I love wildlife, but I do have difficulty with invasive species, like Starlings, considering the effect that they have on native species.

BTW...nice pix...I always find very dark coloured birds...crows, ravens, magpies difficult to get good photo's of...but you do it very nicely.

Les

Not a very nice BURD but fun to try and get a keeper of.
__________________
WACKY roger
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2010, 12:46 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
WackyRoger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chama, New Mexico
Posts: 6,206
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwinger View Post
Very nice shots, regardless of what it is!

Thanks for them kind words GW.
__________________
WACKY roger
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2010, 12:47 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
WackyRoger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chama, New Mexico
Posts: 6,206
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chato View Post
He's just getting into mating plumage and the beak is turning orange. These guys are all over my neighborhood in the local bars coming on to various woman.

Dave

Post a few shots of them please.
__________________
WACKY roger
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2010, 2:25 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,990
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WackyRoger View Post
Post a few shots of them please.
It's way to pornographic - I'll get banned.

Dave
Chato is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 9:19 AM.