Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 14, 2010, 12:58 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,241
Default At the feeder....

(if there is an ad, i don't endorse it)

Sun has been scarce, so I had to get the big lens out to play.

Pics in the next post.
fldspringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 14, 2010, 1:03 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,241
Default

Oly E-3/300 f2.8/EC-14 teleconverter. 425mm f9











Greg
fldspringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2010, 1:07 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,990
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fldspringer View Post
(if there is an ad, i don't endorse it)

Sun has been scarce, so I had to get the big lens out to play.

Pics in the next post.
Really, really sharp images, which is surprising considering your use of a teleconverter. Very well done!

I see you're using suet? Probably cheaper than dealing with New York birds, where you have to leave them money, and an ATM machine.

Dave
Chato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2010, 6:17 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
mole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 8,522
Default

These are indeed wonderfully sharp images! The birds are "paying" you well for your suet & seed.
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2010, 9:17 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
ennacac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 4,198
Default

Very nice shots, I had to take my feeder down with the warmer weather, the bears will be out and I don't want them in the yard.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2010, 9:31 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
gjtoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Louisville, KY, USA
Posts: 6,931
Default

Excellent images! I like the Red-bellied woodpecker and the last one (house finch or purple finch?)
__________________
Gary ---- "The best camera is the one you have with you."
<><~~~~~~~~~~~
Pentax K-70 ~ Panasonic FZ1000
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2010, 5:07 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,241
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chato View Post
Really, really sharp images, which is surprising considering your use of a teleconverter. Very well done!

I see you're using suet? Probably cheaper than dealing with New York birds, where you have to leave them money, and an ATM machine.

Dave
The lens is very good, and Oly's teleconverters are top notch.

You need to get out of the city and travel. I hear the upstate birds are alot more down to earth.

Greg
fldspringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2010, 5:13 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,241
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mole View Post
These are indeed wonderfully sharp images! The birds are "paying" you well for your suet & seed.
The feeder is a popular place, and the sunflower and suet are close to the end of the season. Grackles and starlings will soon overrun things, but the hummingbird feeders and martin houses will fill in.

Greg
fldspringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2010, 5:17 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,241
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennacac View Post
Very nice shots, I had to take my feeder down with the warmer weather, the bears will be out and I don't want them in the yard.

Tom
I think I'd rather contend with the grackles and starlings I'm at least 100 miles south of the black bears.

Greg
fldspringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2010, 5:22 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,241
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjtoth View Post
Excellent images! I like the Red-bellied woodpecker and the last one (house finch or purple finch?)
The red belly is just like the Harry. They just don't like to get real close if there is something around carrying a big lens. They hang around in the trees though.

I'm pretty sure its a house finch. They are common around here.

Greg
fldspringer is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 4:26 PM.