Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Apr 5, 2010, 11:04 AM   #1

Default Snake

Normally, I don't particurally cae for snakes as I go the opposite direction. This was in a National Park on a trail (wooden plank "dock" style to preserve the site) and usually just see butteflies.

Armed with a telephot lens I became brave but found them very difficult to photo as saw several along a path. With most, any photo would have been their escape, but this one sat just long enough - then in a blink was gone.

Also, this is my first photo post and read the "how to post photo" thread. Have a question. When posting multiple in the same thread, do you use the paperclip function or simply put the image file link in the text? Also, with multiple attached with the paperclip, can text go between - even if simply numbering the photos.
Attached Images

Last edited by tizeye; Apr 5, 2010 at 11:42 AM.
tizeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 5, 2010, 9:54 PM   #2

A very nice capture. I glad you were brave enough to take the pictures.
Mugmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2010, 10:46 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizeye View Post
Also, with multiple attached with the paperclip, can text go between - even if simply numbering the photos.
Tizeye I follow Bigdawg's instructions on how to post photos to the forum up until the secondlast bit then I do the following (found in the FAQs 'How do I add an image to a post?):
If you have uploaded an image as an attachment, you can click the arrow next to the 'Attachment Icon' and select it from the list. This will be inserted into your post and can be located where you want it displayed.
You do this between closing the attachments maintenance dialogue box (the second last step in Bigdawgs' guidelines) and hitting the submit button.

Hope this helps.

Bernice

Last edited by onlooker; Apr 5, 2010 at 10:48 PM.
onlooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2010, 5:15 AM   #4

Thanks,
That was the missing link and affords a little more privacy than direct inserting a link from photobucket.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 6:03 AM   #5

Nice snake shot - good color and detail. Which park was it?
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2010, 1:16 PM   #6

It was the Canaveral National Seashore, the New Symrna northern half as the park is split in two with an inlet to the ocean and no bridge. Within the park is "Turtle Mound" (no turtles) which is an Indian midden (trash pile) accumulated over centuries and primarily oyster shells that vegitation is now growing out of. The raised walkway goes to the top of the mound with great views of the ocean across the street, and the Intercoastal Waterway that it borders.

The southern half proceeds along the coast to the space center launch pads. Both parks represent unspoiled beachline - natural Florida. Sea oats, dune crossing points and natural beach with no development or vehicle traffic. Flanking the southern half west to the Intercoastal Waterway is another National Park - Merritt Island. This is an internationally reknown birding area.

Last edited by tizeye; Apr 8, 2010 at 1:30 PM.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 5:44 AM   #7

Sounds like a fascinating and diverse place. Hope to see more of your great photos from there! Thanks.
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2010, 10:49 PM   #8

Nice one, Looks like the black racer I got a few shots of last year.

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote