Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Dec 6, 2010, 3:15 PM   #1

Default Armadilly-o

These little guys are normally very skittish, however this one came right up to check me out!

Last edited by Timinator; Dec 6, 2010 at 4:48 PM.
Timinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 6, 2010, 4:30 PM   #2

He knows I am on line and you are here as well so he said well take it take it...TEEHEE I have always wanted to see one live...after seeing so many dead on the side of the road in Missouri.... Looks like young one! They look like armored pigs!
SharpShotGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2010, 6:22 PM   #3

Nice capture. He looks like the rascal that keeps digging in my flower garden at least once a week.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2010, 8:05 AM   #4

What great shots!! I took pictures of 4 babies down in south Georgia but was so excited about seeing them I forgot to check the shutter speed and ISO. They came out a bit blurry.
Your shots are excellent!

Have Fun - Be Nice - Don't Break Anything
Clint501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2010, 8:31 AM   #5

Stupendous picks. In my country we name this amazing animals "mulitas", and I have a sad story with a happy ending about one of them. Sorry for the long post.

Once I traveled to the South of Argentina, thousands of kilometers. While crossing the Patagonia, a huge desert zone, the driver suddenly stopped, run to the desert and in a couple of minutes returned with a mulita (armadillo) in his hands. He putted the little beast in a bag, and presented it to me as a gift. He told me how to cook the animal: kill first, open the belly, clean it and cook inverted with his own outer skeleton over coal fire. He praised me about it being an exquisite and unique delicatessen. We arrived to destiny. When i was finally alone, i opened the bag. There it was, a frightened, incredible, beautiful and rare animal, waiting for the fulfillment of his fate.
I couldn't kill him, of course. I walked about 5 kilometers into the desert and returned the mulita where he/she (who knows!) belonged. And i feel fine about that!
Ordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2010, 10:13 AM   #6

Great photo's, Timinator...!

Nice story, Ordo...!
Wizzard0003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2010, 6:31 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordo View Post
Stupendous picks. In my country we name this amazing animals "mulitas", and I have a sad story with a happy ending about one of them. Sorry for the long post.

Once I traveled to the South of Argentina, thousands of kilometers. While crossing the Patagonia, a huge desert zone, the driver suddenly stopped, run to the desert and in a couple of minutes returned with a mulita (armadillo) in his hands. He putted the little beast in a bag, and presented it to me as a gift. He told me how to cook the animal: kill first, open the belly, clean it and cook inverted with his own outer skeleton over coal fire. He praised me about it being an exquisite and unique delicatessen. We arrived to destiny. When i was finally alone, i opened the bag. There it was, a frightened, incredible, beautiful and rare animal, waiting for the fulfillment of his fate.
I couldn't kill him, of course. I walked about 5 kilometers into the desert and returned the mulita where he/she (who knows!) belonged. And i feel fine about that!

Love it!!!!!!! Thank you!
saly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2010, 6:32 PM   #8

Beautiful shot. I've always loved these guys but only seen a dead one on the side of the road when I visited Alabama once......
saly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2010, 3:00 AM   #9

Stylishly clad in armored attire this animal is in the height of fashion. The best fashion photography I have seen this month!

Nice out come to a good story Ordo, I just knew you were a sucker for a pretty face! Frank
Old Dec 11, 2010, 10:35 PM   #10

Don't think I've seen an armadillo on here before. Nice shots.
lomitamike is offline   Reply With Quote