Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Jan 1, 2004, 5:02 PM   #1

Default Blue Jay

Here is a photo of a Blue Jay which frequents my feeder. I am a little disappointed in the ability for this A1 to obtain long distance shots. This feeder is only approx. 40 ft. from my window. I used a 2X optical zoom lens attachement along with the full zoom including digital zoom on the camera and this is as close as I could bring in this shot.

Also, it does not appear to be in focus?

Have a GREAT week!
Tangula
Lotuslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 2, 2004, 4:12 AM   #2

Lotus lady,

As a previous poster noted, your shots seem to be blurred. I think you are definitely aware of that and yes it is frustrating. I just took some 50 shots of fireworks and dumped them all from new Year's eve.

Combining, digital zoom with an add on 2X tele-converter is asking for trouble. For one, digital zoom in low light gives awful shots - I have hundreds of photos to prove it. I'm a slow learner at times.

The addition of a 2X converter invariably lowers the light into the camera and this only adds to the difficulty in getting a good shot.

At 40 feet away in poor lighting when combined with what you did (digital zoom, and 2X tele) it is a creditable shot.

Keep clicking away.

You wouldn't want to try something simple at first like a macro of a flower?

selvin is offline   Reply With Quote