Default American Robin - a portrait

From the Fujifilm HS50EXR

My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 14, 2014, 9:06 PM   #2

Nice shot, Gary. I saw the pic before I scrolled back up and saw which camera took it. That Fuji does a fine job on these birds.

I am reminded that, since I bought my Canon SX 40 HS, I have discovered the IQ is very good. So good that now I use it for many things I used to shoot with my Sony DSLR. Is that trading quality for convenience? Maybe I should pose that question in the General forum.

My Flickr
-Robert-

Hawgwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2014, 10:11 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawgwild View Post
Nice shot, Gary. I saw the pic before I scrolled back up and saw which camera took it. That Fuji does a fine job on these birds.

I am reminded that, since I bought my Canon SX 40 HS, I have discovered the IQ is very good. So good that now I use it for many things I used to shoot with my Sony DSLR. Is that trading quality for convenience? Maybe I should pose that question in the General forum.
I think it's matter of whether you're willing to accept "good enough", Robert. Many people don't "consider the source" when you show them a bridge camera shot. Of course, the IQ will NEVER be good enough for a pixel-peeper. As you know, I'm not a professional. I shoot for MY enjoyment. If others like what I do, fine. But, I'm not out to garner gobs of money or praise with my images. I just enjoy what I do. It took a few years to realize that fully, but it makes for a much more enjoyable pastime. Are you going to get these kind of results from a bridge camera? Probably not for now... maybe in the future.

My Gallery

--

Last edited by gjtoth; Apr 15, 2014 at 10:34 AM.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 1:46 AM   #4

Dittos on your last post Gary. I have gotten some results with my Canon bridge that more than pleased me. This particular shot, of two Elk feeding in Colorado is such a shot. I'm not a pixel-peeper, but I think the IQ of this one is adequate, and the kit is light enough to hike with at 11,000 feet easily.

At my age, if I have to lug a DSLR and several lenses across a meadow at 11,000 feet, I might just opt to stay in the car.

My Flickr
-Robert-

Hawgwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2014, 8:03 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawgwild View Post
Dittos on your last post Gary. I have gotten some results with my Canon bridge that more than pleased me. This particular shot, of two Elk feeding in Colorado is such a shot. I'm not a pixel-peeper, but I think the IQ of this one is adequate, and the kit is light enough to hike with at 11,000 feet easily.

At my age, if I have to lug a DSLR and several lenses across a meadow at 11,000 feet, I might just opt to stay in the car.
You betcha! I don't see anything I wouldn't like about that shot, either. But, you know how some pixel-peepers and camera snobs are.
My Gallery

--