Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old May 24, 2004, 9:02 PM   #1

Bloody weather today, rain rain and more rain. Was a day off today, went to the tub... I was bored so decided to see if I could do better post-processing of 2 shots I really like of Black Capped Chikedee. I have to mention that both shots were properly exposed to start with. Can't make miracles of a poorly exposed shot...

So here's my 2 re-worked shots of one of my favorite bird to watch and take snaps -

This one was exposed to show more subtle difference of the darker feathers of the bird:

The next one was taken late in spring, here's the 'original' :

And here's the re-worked one :

Difference are very subtle, but it's worth I think to look at the higher rez image here :

http://www.bytephoto.com/photopost/s...mp;ppuser=1867

At this point, after over 6 months of owning the DRebel and at the same time playing with PS, I'm at this level. I do not know if I can do better than this. Time will tell.

Comments are more than welcomed.

Eric CAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 24, 2004, 9:50 PM   #2

nice shots with AMAZING detail...most definetely worth the wait that might be needed (only 270 something kb...not too bad) to see all the details!

nice shots eric!
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2004, 8:30 AM   #3

Interesting. I can see some of the places where you brought the light up on that last pair. But there are someplaces where I really don't see it. But clearly you were able to bring it out in the edited one. Very well done.

It's demonstrations like this that make me think I should put down the camera for a week or two and really work on PS skills. It really can take a picture which is nice and manipulate the light into something more special.

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote