Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old May 29, 2004, 12:02 AM   #1

I must say these were some of my best photos ((my opinion)) I've ever taken, and there's a great story to go along with them...

So I'm out on my daily jog, and about 2 miles away from my house there is this pond. Well, I come to the pond and am struck silent by all the wildlife! I'm not kidding, there was so much activities and so many little youngins! So here I am, 2 miles away from my house, camera-less, and the best photo opportunites are right infront of my nose. So I sprint back home as fast as I can, grab my camera and some bread, and sprint back. Of course, when I got back to the pond I near fainted from exhaustion, but hey! I got the shots!

All of these were taken with my Olympus C-700 Ultra Zoom. I had it on Auto setting and forgot to check ISO and shutter speed and such. Sorry! I just felt rushed and had an urge to click away!

"Beaut Baby Goose"

"Are you a baby too?"

"I love my mommy!"

Cute Goose

Female Duck

Close-UP ((PERSONAL FAVORITE! IM REALLY PROUD OF THIS ONE))

"Shooo!" ((this one attacked me, lol))

"Be careful now kids!"

Beautiful Mother in Grass

Talking Mallard

"THE THREE BACHELORS" ((I just loved these guys. These three just sat on the shore, watching the females while they continuously groomed themselves. They were very entertaining to watch))

HOPE YOU ENJOYED!
I spent over two hours taking pictures that day and had a time of my life doing it. Amazing what a camera and a little bread can do.

~Jenni
Jenni is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 29, 2004, 12:33 AM   #2

Congratulations Jenni, on a wonderful record of an exciting afternoon with some super wildlife action. My personal favorite is your mother in the grass, which looks to me like a female mallard enjoying a great afternoon letting the photographer enjoy. I can certainly identify personally with your excitement at capturing a series of precious moments and I enjoyed reading the narrative of your successful photo shoot, and viewing it as well!

Great job!
Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2004, 11:15 AM   #3

Hey Jen! Loving the pics! Heheh that was so funny on AIM how I basically read your mind!

"Jenni: OMG GUESS WHAt?!?!"

"Amy: Go ahead and send the new and awesome piccies" lol Jen and I psychic with eachother (even when we live 25 miles apart)

Nice pics jen I loff em all! Especially the pimpin mallards
discodudette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2004, 4:44 AM   #4

Mother duck in the grass and the first one are great shots, I like thosethe best:-)
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2004, 8:07 PM   #5

Indeed these are great photos. I'm a big fan of the branta canadensis. Although very aggressive, they're an intelligent species and have interesting cultural behaviour. Good stuff
TheGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2004, 11:47 PM   #6

Great pics! You should be proud of those! Makes you smile doesn't it?

How did you insert more than one photo in your post? That is impressive to me too!

Trique Daddi
Trique Daddi is offline   Reply With Quote