Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old May 30, 2004, 11:50 PM   #1

I took this off my mom's front porch. I had the zoom all the way out on the optic setting (10X) of my S5000, and then I had the digital zoom all the way out too at 2.2X, and then I had my Sony 2X doubler on it as well....considering all that, this came out pretty well. I had the cam on my tripod and used the timer. This deer was minding it's own business, eating, until I clapped my hands with about 2 seconds left on the timer, hence the "what the heck was that?" look on it's face...:-) All I did to this one was to use a bit of unsharp mask and resize it.
Guitarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 2, 2004, 4:41 AM   #2

yes it has come out well. I never use my digital zoom, just the teleconverter which brings me up to 8 X zoom. I have always been told that if I want to get in close, forget the digital and do it on the computer later, I sometimes use the "Kneson" programmeto enlarge the photos as well:-) Nice shot
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2004, 9:18 AM   #3

Yeah, normally I have pretty bad luck with the digital zoom, but I think the fact that I was standing on the porch so I was basically blocked from the wind is what helped me out here. There was very little difference in the optical max and digital/optical combination except that the latter seemed a little closer, which is not the norm for me, even when I'm using a tripod.

What is this "Kneson" program that you mentioned? I've never heard of that one before.....

Thanks for the kind comments!
Guitarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2004, 8:19 PM   #4

check out this link for info on Kneson resizing programme.

http://www.imagener.com/se/bf/
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote