Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Jun 4, 2004, 12:08 AM   #1

I appreciated your Yellow Warbler photos eric CAN. Thanks for thinking about me on those, and your photos were sharp, as usual. The following cutiejust wandered into my 70-200 Canon lens at the right time and I didn't realize that I'd captured a baby until download. I was pleasantly surprised that it was a cute little one.

Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 4, 2004, 10:17 AM   #2

good job ! great focus! looks adorable!

was this a baby? it looks like it...but normally they aren't as colored when they are young...right?

nice shot anyway sounds like a pleasant suprise
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2004, 10:26 AM   #3

Hmm, good point Vito, never thought of that...it just looks so cute and fuzzy; but your point isworth considering for sure.
Old Jun 4, 2004, 12:19 PM   #4

Norm, are you using a TC with your 70-200 when taking bird shots? I haven't had much success with getting close enough to the smaller birds with just the 70-200. I'm REAL close to ordering the Canon 400 f/5.6.
ohenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2004, 4:23 PM   #5

Nice shot, that's a cute bird. There's some great bird photographers in here. :-)Do you ever come across any kingfishers. I searched this forum and only found one, I can't work out if they're hard to spot or not very popular. :-)
jackrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2004, 1:37 AM   #6

o henry, these photos were done with no extender. However, I listened to those who know what they are talking about (people with the same sort of philosophy as yourself) and actually took to heart the idea of "if you are using Canon cameras then use Canon lenses" so I went out and got the 1.4 Canon extender for the 70-200 IS and I now cannot breath. The clarity to me was very acceptable. Please have a look at my latest string for some samples. Thanks for making me feel like I was "without" when I didn't have that lens.
Old Jun 5, 2004, 7:01 PM   #7

I've love to get a picture of a kingfisher. I have to replace some equipment before I can use my kayaks. The only way I'll get a shot of a kingfisher is from a boat. I know one place where they often hunt (nationa park) but I'd have to walk on water to get any where near a reasonable distance.

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2004, 10:50 PM   #8

Thanks Jack, I agree with you on the quality of nature photographers here and they have been an inspiration to me. It's difficult to see some of the "eric" stuff without becoming inspired (that's every eric here).

I always do a double take whenever I come across a Kingfisher in a birding book. They are magnificent looking animals. Maybe someday...