Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Jun 15, 2004, 11:54 PM   #11

Normcar wrote:
Quote:
Eric, keep good good written and photographicnotes and keep posting photos. I envy your position and the fact that you seem to be accepted into that little community.

Will do Norm, I'm not sure if I'm accepted, but that couple has seen me quite often now and they seem to just carry on their business as if I was not there at all.

Cheers
Eric CAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2004, 11:58 PM   #12

Eric, this is being posted so immediate that I need to say to you, read my last PS to you, and keep up the excellent work. I love seeing your photos, and especially more since you are getting so personal with them. I wish you excellence
Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2004, 12:40 AM   #13

Eric, your post, to me, is the most important. I love what you are doing with those Warblers and look forward to seeing what you come up with.Your Sigma lens is recording beautiful images and I look forward to seeing more in the daily life of these yellows.

Old Jun 16, 2004, 12:53 AM   #14

You guys are amazing. Really. It takes an unbelievable amount of patience and devotion to be able to get the photos that I see from you Eric, and from Norm and from Hummer. Also, money for equipment :-)

Birders are well known for their ability to be stealthy, observant, and patient. But bird photographers are infinitely more so!
geoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2004, 5:08 PM   #15

To quote a friend who is a very good bird photographer (Sells his work to stock agencies.)

"Taking good bird photos requires good equipment... and patients. Lots of patients."

And he is sooooo right. You study to find the good spot, then you go there and you wait. Eventually the birds will get used to you, and you'll get to see something good. Pick a bad spot and you'll be sitting for nothing.

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2004, 1:36 AM   #16

I'm beginning to learn that picking the bad spot is a part of the equation. If I didn't get bad spots from time to time then I probably wouldn't appreciate the good spots when they arrive. The human condition demands results, usually immediately, and definitely every time. Unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately, that isn't the way that nature works. I'm happy about that fact personally.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Patience is definitely one of the major words. Great instruction eric!