Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Jul 14, 2004, 7:42 PM   #1

While travelling yesterday to look for something to photograph, saw this neat Mother Goose

What you see on the right of it is a dead tree trunk, root probably taken down by a beaver few years ago. Then I saw something moving... I looked...

Ohh a masked Bandit ! Looks like he was very concentrated on something., Probably a nice meal, his eyes were set on something...

Woops ! He found me :whack:

Hehe !

Cheers everyone

Eric CAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 14, 2004, 8:48 PM   #2

All 3 shots - great shots! The one of the goose has really good detail and I can even make out detail in the black feathered areas.

The racoon is a rascally fellow isn't he? Your picture sure does him justice as the colors are just so vivid. The second picture of the 'coon is frameable in my opinion. You can really see that he's been fishing as his leg fur is all matted down. I bet that he wasn't one bit scared of you! :-)

Many years ago on a backpacking trip, I was eating a can of beans around the campfire. It was twilight and a racoon, smelling my dinner, came around to visit. He came up and sat down about a foot and a half from me as I ate. While I watched him, with a motion that was too quick for me to react to, he snatched the can of beans out of my hands and ran off so fast it was unbelievable.

If you've never read a book named Rascal (by Sterling North), you should. Even though the book is classified as a children's book, adults shouldn't feel that it is beneath them to read. It's all about an 11 year old's friendship with a racoon he named Rascal in the year 1918. It was also a movie that came out in 1969.
geoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2004, 1:47 AM   #3

I adore the last one, Eric. What a neat experience to have that fuzz ball staring at you like that. Nice photo.

Cool story, geoff, and falls in place with what I've heard about these little rascals! I read that book myself long ago, and would recommend it as well.
Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2004, 1:56 AM   #4

Normcar wrote:
Quote:
Cool story, geoff, and falls in place with what I've heard about these little rascals!
Well, I can tell you that I was quite indignant after that little rascal took my dinner away from me! I swore that that was never going to happen again...
geoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2004, 9:01 AM   #5

Neat shots, don't you love it when you get a surprise like that.

And you were able to capitalize with these excellent photos.

Looks like in the third one he is looking at you trying to decide if you are going to be a problem for him or not.
zoomn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2004, 2:57 PM   #6

Normcar wrote:
Quote:
I adore the last one, Eric. What a neat experience to have that fuzz ball staring at you like that. Nice photo.

Cool story, geoff, and falls in place with what I've heard about these little rascals! I read that book myself long ago, and would recommend it as well.

Thanks Norm, appreciate it. Lil Rascals, that reminds me of an old tv show I used to look, but back then my English was far from being fluent, so I mostly only understood what was going on with body language, hehe.

Cheers
Old Jul 15, 2004, 2:59 PM   #7

zoomn wrote:
Quote:
Neat shots, don't you love it when you get a surprise like that.

And you were able to capitalize with these excellent photos.

Looks like in the third one he is looking at you trying to decide if you are going to be a problem for him or not.

Sure is zoomn, when he saw me, he turned away and walk along the shore of the small lake. Then I left since I felt I disturbed him looking for his meal. Got only 2 shots of him, and they look good.

Cheers