Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Jul 17, 2004, 4:58 PM   #1

In rehab being nursed back to health for release in the wild.

Attached Images

HawkEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 17, 2004, 5:15 PM   #2

hes notalive for sure thats a fake one(taxidermist)
Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2004, 8:01 PM   #3

I assure you this one is fine and quite active, irregardless of Pierre's concern.Don't bother to ask a question if you have doubt or don't understand. It is much easier to just blurt out your expert opinion. Anyway for the rest of the rational group , here are the other shots of this magnificient creature.
Attached Images

Old Jul 17, 2004, 8:30 PM   #4

I have yet to see one of these fabulous creatures in the wild (which this isn't) but I've been lucky enough to see one or two in shows. They are great birds.

Thanks for sharing.

Eric

ps. Its an animatronic (sp?) owl!
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2004, 9:10 PM   #5

Quote:
ps. Its an animatronic (sp?) owl!

see im not alone saying that
Old Jul 17, 2004, 10:21 PM   #6

BTW even if its a
Quote:
animatronic
or
Quote:
taxidermist
thats a nice pic

Old Jul 17, 2004, 11:12 PM   #7

Yeah, they are nice and sharp pictures. I'm not sure I should touch the real versus fake issue with a 10 foot pole, but against my better judgement...

This bird could be real, but I am wondering why the owl has its bill open in the same position for all of these photos, like it's a mask? Seems a touch unnatural to me...

But, if it is a real snowy, why is it in rehab and when was it found? ...and where was it found?

geoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2004, 12:21 AM   #8

Another?

Attached Images

Old Jul 18, 2004, 12:41 AM   #9

These images were put up to share a common interest in photography, no awards no prizes, just sharing. I don;t know why I would tell you some thing that isn't so or why you would accuse me of doing it. It seems to me a little strange that you all believe that Eric has an EOS 10D and a Canon EF600mm lens. We are to take him at his word on this? Have any of you seen it? Have we any proof that geoff even owns a camera? I find it a little unbelievable. Now everyone will get defensive and be offended at such statements. In this electronic venue we only have each others word. What possible gain is there in not being straight forward with each other? These two birds reside at the National Aviary in Pittsburgh Pennsylviana, well worth the visit.
Old Jul 18, 2004, 1:13 AM   #10

I was just doing a quick visit tonight to read some posts and wallow over some wonderful photographs, but I decided to post this one:

Hawkeyes, I'm inclined to agree with your overall complaint here. Perhaps someone here should have considered that even if the animal wasn't real (and I personally accept that it is real. I've seen these animals hold a pose for quite awhile myself), the photograph was, and it was by you, so you are the winner regardless.

These are excellent photographs ofyour owl.

Here's one of my own "owl" photos that I took the other day when returning to theowl spot I found (thanks to experts here I now know it's not a Snowy but a Horned, but not quite as "immature" as before). This photograph is much less beautiful than yours, Hawkeye, but I post it because some here might like to see the growth of colors and horns on the owl, and to offer another view ofa magnificent creature. And I personally thank you for your great photographs.

Pierre,I'm not sure what motivated you to post your opinion but I'm sure you now understand that it probably wasn't the best thing to do. Believe me, I've done that sort of thing myself in the past when I had an opinion that wasn't probably the best thing to post in channel...in fact, it just darned wasn't a good thing to post, period.

Anyhoo, here's my owl, less immature than before, and taken 2 days ago...

As Eric CAN has said in the past, paraphrasing, we are all here to share, learn, and have fun.

Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote