Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Jul 18, 2004, 1:24 AM   #1

Here's an example of how the baby Willets seem to have grown in the past little while. Boy, they sprout fast, must be all the rain we've been getting lately.

Mom was about 10 yards to the left, watching me carefully, and calling out to her little one that it's okay, walk past this one, he's no threat. Then she walked past me herself as she's done many times before. It's nice to be accepted by creatures of the wild where purity has meaning. Anyway, nice time out there sweating in the sun (finally) today.

Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 18, 2004, 1:31 AM   #2

Hey, good shot, Norm! That baby is really growing! The bird's beak is lengthening but it is interesting that the legs don't seem to have turned dark yet like the adults' legs.

Nice to get some sunshine once in awhile, isn't it?
geoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2004, 1:36 AM   #3

I love the sun but today it was getting to be a bit much. I'm wearing shorts and a tank top tomorrow for sure. I also noticed those awkward legs, and have better photos of the legs but the bird is blurred. That was definitely something that even this amateur could use to ident the youth. As well, the fuzz on the neck was another thing I noticed after download.

Thanks for your input.
Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote