Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Jul 18, 2004, 7:45 PM   #1

Took this with my new Sigma 70-300 APO. For me, this is a good enough lens. This gives me a chance to get a little closer on the cheap side of this
money pit.

Ray
Attached Images

EasyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 18, 2004, 8:15 PM   #2

Hehe neat EasyRay
Eric CAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2004, 12:06 AM   #3

Very unique composition. I adore the expression on that little one's face as it peeks down at you. The "V" in the tree and smooth green backdrop is also very cool. Nice job with that lens.
Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2004, 7:48 AM   #4

Thanks Eric Can,
Thanks Normcar,

Believe me when I tell you, it had nothing to do with any skills I might have.
That little bird was real curious and hung around for about ten minutes.It was about 15 feet away, so I had a chance to set up a tripod.I'm really a novice at this stuff.I used a free photo editor that isn't available anymore. I thought I may have sharpened it to much. The only thing I used PS Elements
for, was size and compression.
Magic used to be smoke and mirrors. Now its called software. :-)
Any way you look at it, I really enjoy it. And thats what counts.

Ray
Old Jul 25, 2004, 9:14 AM   #5

I like this one, cute little bird that is. Nice shot:-)
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2004, 8:06 AM   #6

Thanks,aladyforty

I think thats the first photo I posted here.I was a little apprehensive at first, especially with all the great photographers here.
I've gotten to the point where I shoot ninety five percent of my stuff in manual mode, thanks in no small part to all the knowledge I've gained by reading the tips and suggestions on this site. Thank you One and All!!

Ray

Oh and I forgot...I'm still learning. :|
Old Jul 26, 2004, 9:13 AM   #7

Easy ray, cool shot.

Don't be shy about posting your shots.

I am pretty new here also. The folks here have been kind to me and never made me feel inferior even though they obviously have far better skills and equipment.

I find the feedback is a great learning tool. They will let you know if your shots are good or not so good. Often if there are no responses that is a nice way of letting you know that maybe your shot was not the best. Don't take it personally just keep on posting the shots you like.

It is fun to look at all the pictures, great, good and not so good.

zoomn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2004, 11:08 AM   #8

zoomn wrote:
Quote:
The folks here have been kind to me and never made me feel inferior even though they obviously have far better skills and equipment.
You have very good skills, zoomn, not only in photography but also in the ability to sneak up on your subjects!

Quote:
I find the feedback is a great learning tool. They will let you know if your shots are good or not so good. Often if there are no responses that is a nice way of letting you know that maybe your shot was not the best. Don't take it personally just keep on posting the shots you like.
Or perhaps some of us just got careless and missed the post, as I did! Sorry, EasyRay! Your picture is very cute and shows that you have the patience needed by bird photographers for getting the very special shots.

And... you're right about how specialized areas of photography can sure be a money pit!!!!
geoffs is offline   Reply With Quote