Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Jul 28, 2004, 8:13 PM   #1
djb

As i was driving along a marshy area looking for various wildlife to photograph, this doe with 2 fawns ran right in front of my truck!!! it startled me and her and she got her legs all tangled up trying to turn around and go back to her fawns. she almost fell on her face. unfortunately by the time i grabbeb my camera she had bounded back into the bushes. i tried getting some shots of her and the fawns but she was in too much underbrush and i couldn't get focus on them even in manual mode. they kept moving through the bushes. i persued them for a bit with no luck as they went deeper and deeper. so i decide to move away from their crossing point and wait. this was the only picture i could get after waiting 20 minutes. they never crossed while i was there. got just the doe. no fawns.:-? they were really beautiful little creatures!!!! maybe another day.

dennis

djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 28, 2004, 10:18 PM   #2

Great that you kept up the attempt until you got a record of the action. I've experienced similar things and wish that I had 50 batteries so that I could simply keep the camera on and ready.

Nice play-by-play, though, which is almost as good as the photograph.
Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2004, 11:20 PM   #3

You get lots of points for being persistent, Dennis. At least you got this shot of her. Good thing too that she and your car didn't have a little run-in.
geoffs is offline   Reply With Quote