Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Aug 5, 2004, 5:59 PM   #1
djb

this is more of a story than any really good pictures. i usually take my dad for a drive every other day or so looking for wildlife pictures, primarily herons. never seen a heron while with my dad til the other day. he couldn't spot him in the overgrowth about 75 to 100 meters out. so i clapped my hands and he flew away and my dad finally saw his first heron. my dad then proceded to tell me a story about my friend's dad, Victor, an old hunter. well, about 50 years agoVictor saw a big big bird by the pond in the neighborhood and went and got his gun and shot it. he never saw a bird like that before. he gave it to his wife and she cleaned it, stuffed it, and roasted it ike a turkey. well, according to my dad, the shitpoke (another old name for a heron) must have tasted ike it's old name sounds and they had to throw it away. anyway, here's the heron i shot with my camera.

dennis

and here's a shot i got of a mockingbird all fluffed up on top of my dad's old shed. i thinkitwas dust bathing.

djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 9, 2004, 6:19 PM   #2

Cool photo of the Mockingbird. I'm sure that the heron didn't look too inviting in the roast pan either. But I'm sure the fish that the heron eats would love this story!
Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote