Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Aug 23, 2004, 10:45 PM   #11

Eric, why don't you post the pictures of birds you want id'ed to here? I'd love a shot at id'ing them before you post to Bird Forum...
geoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2004, 11:18 PM   #12

I was thinking about it, but they aren't exactly great pictures. I've got an odd immature sea duck which drove us crazy, along with some kind of storm petrel (sp?) which the pictures are only good enough for an ID. Not up to my normal standards (then again, hand held on a boat on the ocean of a moving bird... what do I expect?)

but maybe I will. I've got a lot of vacation shots to go through.

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2004, 2:34 AM   #13

The link you gave. I just tried it again and it worked. This was the sixth try. Glad I kept at it. Thanks.

Suzan
ImKayd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2004, 12:06 AM   #14

Quote:
I was thinking about it, but they aren't exactly great pictures.
I really wish that we could in some way distinguish between an "ident" post or an "experience" post and a "quality photo" post, because I've experienced very similar feelings, eric.

My solution was to state explicitely, at the beginning of the post, that I am not posting for critique, but for identification. I tried that a few times and it didn't work because I still felt unsure about posting less than acceptable photographs here.

I wish there was a solution but I don't know what it is. I wish that we all could be just a bitless demanding of quality and just enjoy what everyone has to offer. The words, "soft" and "out-of-focus" are, I suspect, keeping me from experiencing some really neat and unique animals and experiences. I know that it's keeping me, personally,from posting some of my own photos that I think are worth sharing, but wouldn't dream of posting here if they are not "sharp" enough or "in focus" enough, or "over" or "under" exposed.

Maybe things will change if more of us voice our complaint as you have done. Good work!!

Hopefully it will change.
Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote