Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Aug 26, 2004, 9:53 AM   #11

Thanks everyone for your kind words. I should thank the hummersin letting me come so close to them. I think they getting used to me now. It seems they worry only about movement, so if you just stand still, they won'tcare about you. I had 1 guy within 1-2 feet from my face. We kept staring at each other, it was a nice experience.

Johncudd - I am using 10D and 100-400L IS. Nice thing of the lens is the minimum focussing distance is quite small (4-5 feet) so I can use 400mm zoom in close proximity. But even then hummers being very small, it doesn't fill even half of the frame.
bobbyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2004, 3:04 PM   #12

bobbyz wrote:
Quote:
Thanks everyone for your kind words. I should thank the hummersin letting me come so close to them. I think they getting used to me now. It seems they worry only about movement, so if you just stand still, they won'tcare about you. I had 1 guy within 1-2 feet from my face. We kept staring at each other, it was a nice experience.

Johncudd - I am using 10D and 100-400L IS. Nice thing of the lens is the minimum focussing distance is quite small (4-5 feet) so I can use 400mm zoom in close proximity. But even then hummers being very small, it doesn't fill even half of the frame.
Amazing and very wonderful! I just thought I was getting close!

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v244/tsiya/
tsiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2004, 4:26 PM   #13

Bobby I already commented on your excellent hummer shots but I wanted to make a comment to tsiya. I hope you don't mind if I hijack your thread a bit tsiya may not see this anyway.

Tsiya I check out your thread to your pictures, you have some excellent stuff there.

If you have an opportunity and the inclination please post some of your shots here on the site, I am sure more folks here would enjoy seeing them.

zoomn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2004, 4:50 PM   #14

zoomn wrote:
Quote:
Bobby I already commented on your excellent hummer shots but I wanted to make a comment to tsiya. I hope you don't mind if I hijack your thread a bit tsiya may not see this anyway.

Tsiya I check out your thread to your pictures, you have some excellent stuff there.

If you have an opportunity and the inclination please post some of your shots here on the site, I am sure more folks here would enjoy seeing them.

I just got here, sort of testing the water. I believe I will be happy around here, as well as in at least one other place. If You don't mind Me skipping back and forth, I tend to be an image posting fool! Pictures are a lot more fun when You share them. I thank You for a kind and gracious welcome!

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v244/tsiya/
tsiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2004, 7:54 PM   #15

tsiya,welcome to the forum. I checked out your thread as well and you have some really nice shots in there.

Bobby, do you have any more of these shots, Im impressed with the quality, I hope I can get almost (well sort of) as good out of my 300D with the 90 to 300 lens:-)
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote