Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Oct 9, 2004, 1:54 PM   #1

I have about 3-4 pictures on the same topic that I want to post at the sametimeunder one particular topic. But I'm not able to post more than 1 picture under one topic. Can anyone help me with the steps needed to post my shots? :?
kalyan064 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 9, 2004, 2:23 PM   #2

Greetings;

Apparently this is very easy if you have an online photo album. (I don't) Then you can insert the pictures into the body of your message. If you are uploading directly from your home computer, though,you are limited to one picture at a time.I'm sure that there are more tricks to it than that. Maybe someone here knows more.

Regards,

Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada
Tom Overton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2004, 3:27 PM   #3

I suggest that you go to http://www.photobucket.com/first and sign up. There's no fee and all you'll have to do is post your photos there which will permit you to post and be able to see several shots on the same posting at Steve's. Before posting to PhotoBucket, you have to resize your images so it is no more than 800 pixels tall or wide. I save the files that I've resized by doing a Save As, then add _800 to the file name. That way I know it's the one adusted for posting. Now log into Photobucket. If you are going to post images, you have to enter you password a second time in the upper right. That takes you to a screen for uploading files. Select how many you want to upload, use their Browse button to find your files on your drive, and enter them, one at a time in the Photobucket spaces for the file names. It will take a bit for the files to load but when the Photobucket spaces go blank again, you should be able to scroll down and see your posted images. Below each image are 3 lines of data. The top one is the URL. I'd suggest opening another session of Explorer and log into Steve's as if you are going to post a new Topic. Once you have typed what you want to say, click on the icon that looks like 3 colored balls, blue, green and red. That opens anohter window looking for a URL. Switch back to the Photobucket session and hilight the URL line of the photo you want to post. Right click and select copy. Go back to Steves and Paste the URL into the line provided, then select Preview. You should see your image pn the Steve's test screen. Even in Preview mode you can scroll down to your composition in progress. I press Ctrl End, then one Enter whcih places your cursor one line below your first image. Go back to PhotpoBucket, select the second URL and follow the same directions as for the first image. If you have a problem doing this, it's fine with me if you PM me and I'll try to answer specific questions. Everyone has trouble getting started. After awhile it gets to be routine and no problem. Good luck and don't hesitate to ask.......
Old Oct 10, 2004, 1:04 AM   #4

Thanks ! I'll be trying out the steps soon and let you know if there is any problem.
Old Oct 11, 2004, 1:14 PM   #5

Hi RGRotts,

I followed the steps as suggested by you and was able to post 2 topics with multiple pictures.

Thanks a lot.

Regards, kalyan064