Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Oct 10, 2004, 4:41 PM   #1

Well some of you folks know I have been on a quest to get close ups of a blue heron for months, since I got my camera.

Well today it finally happened I got within 20 to 25 yards of this guy. He was so busy fishing he didn't seem to pay much attention.

The light was really strong noon light so had a really hard time with getting the exposure right, this was the best I could do. So even though the exposure isn't great I am very excited to have finally gotten some decent pictures of this great bird.

Hope you enjoy them.

zoomn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 10, 2004, 8:20 PM   #2

Great photos zoomn, congrats on getting up close to that beaut. Carve another notch into that trust cam of yours:-)

I personally like the slight foreshortening aspect of the head on the second one the most. Although all are worthy and well-deserved rewards.
Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2004, 10:11 PM   #3

Thanks Normcar. Appreciate you commenting. I actually like the second one as well.

What did you think of the exposures?

I tried to subdue the highlights as much as possible without making the bird look dull. I had a really hard time deciding when enough was enough.
zoomn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2004, 2:32 AM   #4

Quote:
What did you think of the exposures?
I think your most successful exposure was the first photograph, and the second photograph is close.Colors are deeper and richeron these two. It appears that the bird had come out into the sunlight just a touch more in the latter two and you had more of a task on your hands. The last one shows a slight wash-out on the back but otherwise I don't see any serious exposure problems.

Again, congrats!
Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote