Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Oct 15, 2004, 8:30 AM   #1

These were at my sisters place. I was going to put them in "close ups" but Ive always considered it a macro thread.

I have never photographed frogs before so these are my first try. Taken with the Drebel and a 300mm lens.

aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 15, 2004, 9:21 AM   #2

Well done Julie. My brother has a lake behind his house and i was not able to take a photo. Everytime i tried to get close toa frog it escape. Maybe i scared them:-):-)
kadok6330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2004, 10:33 AM   #3

Thanks, I was pretty lucky with these as my sister is a frog fanatic and the frogs live all around her house and seem to have no fear of people. The lighter green one was in the plant hothouse and I had to use a flash but it worked out ok really.
Old Oct 15, 2004, 11:07 AM   #4

I like that first picture a lot. There isn't a lot of reflection on the skin, so you can see a lot of the colors and patterns (which I find to be the neat part of frogs.)

I didn't realize that you used a flash in the second picture. Well done. It isn't as good a shot as the first, but considering the situation you did a good job (the first one, to me, is also just a more interesting frog.)

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2004, 11:51 PM   #5

Yes, great shot, alady. The first one almost appears to be varnished and I like the nice round aperture ghosties rushing about in the background; relection is dynamic and bokeh coloration really adds a nice touch. Everything seems to come together on this one. And the foreground exposure is right on the threshhold, yet not over. Any over exposure tidbitsshine like little crystals on the back of that fella.

Love the DOF of the eye on number 2, as well as the froggie's expression, so content, comfortable, collected...ah, to live a frog's life.
Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2004, 2:01 AM   #6

The first picture is awesome. Tack sharp. The second one looks like a frog on Valium. Interesting shot but the first is super duper.

Suzan
ImKayd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2004, 5:58 AM   #7

ImKayd1 wrote:
Quote:
The first picture is awesome. Tack sharp. The second one looks like a frog on Valium. Interesting shot but the first is super duper.

Suzan

:lol:Yes that was one laid back frog, I shall have to get out to her place and have another go at these. I had about 3 minutes to shoot these as I turned up when she was dressing for work (shes a nurse and is always rushing:-))

Thank for the comments everyone, Im really pleased with the first shot.