Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Oct 30, 2004, 8:26 PM   #1

I am just kicking myself. I took my old rebel and the new digital to a local area where the deer are thick. The sun was shining through behind me, lighting up those leaves and the deer. I pulled up...it would not focus. The power save thing had turned it off. Ok, now I keep pushing the button because I don't know what to do, and finally it goes, but it goes off unfocused. He turns his head and walks away. AAARRRRRGGGHGHH.

OK, now I have have turned off the power save feature. Half of my pictures were ruined because of the lack of flash power. AAARRRGGHGH [email protected]#[email protected]%^^

At least I got some good shots with my old Rebel before I switched over.

BUMMER.

Attached Images

WisconsinGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 30, 2004, 9:09 PM   #2

set the power save to five minutes, I did this to save the battery as I have been known to forget to turn the thing off. When Im out looking for shots of birds I have the camera around my neck and every now and again i press the button. The camera should have focused as long as you were not too close or the light was not too overcast, then you need to go to at least the P setting and change the ISO or shoot on sports mode or go manual. I dont understand the issue with the flash:?
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2004, 10:05 PM   #3

Here is a shot 90 degrees to the right of the other shot...again, not focusing and way dark. This buck was chasing down a doe. They said my long lens would focus fine with the new camera, but I'm not so sure.
Attached Images

WisconsinGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2004, 1:47 AM   #4

MMMM, you've got me with that one.
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2004, 3:06 PM   #5

Those are some pretty whitetails and a very nice setting. Looking forward to some closer shots when you get the bugs worked out.
zoomn is offline   Reply With Quote