Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Nov 8, 2004, 11:57 PM   #1

I took this at the Arizona Sonoran Desert Museum, which is like a combination of a zoo, botanical garden, and geology museum.

There's a hummingbird aviary with a wide variety of species. This is the best photo I got, probably because the bird is perched. Hummingbirds are hard to capture in flight!

Sony F717, 48.5mm F2.4, 1/80 sec with flash (Program AE).
UrbanPhotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 9, 2004, 12:41 AM   #2

Great looking photo; subject color blends real nice with the background; curved beak pointing upwards harmonizes in a nifty way with that little light sprout under the bird. Kewl shot overall.

PS -I would personally have kept away from thedirect center subjectcrop, but that stuff is purely accepted rules of practiceand subjectivity.
Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2004, 3:04 AM   #3

Nice photo of a male Broad-billed Hummingbird, it is possibly the most beautiful of all North American hummingbirds. The Desert Museum's hummingbird aviary is a great place to see and photograph hummers up close.

Most Broad-billed Hummingbirds migrate to Mexico for the winter with typically only a handfull remaining north of the border. Remarkably, there is one staying in Garden City, Kansas, at this time. Photos of the bird have been posted on several internet sites.

Hummer
Hummer is offline   Reply With Quote