Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Nov 13, 2004, 9:34 AM   #1

These pictures were taken in August at the Kruger Park during my vacation in South Africa.

A lilac-breasted roller:

A hornbill

A blue-eared starling:

I also edited this one because I think the car on the background just doesn't fit. (I did not spenda lot of time on this one, so this is still not perfect ). And if you have any other ideas, please feel free to change it! sohere it is:

Last one and my favorite:
A martial eagle

AngelCurty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 13, 2004, 10:42 AM   #2

Good editing on the Starling.
birder37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2004, 11:18 AM   #3

Good job Angel; really like the colors on the first one; the hornbill is super and would be evenbetter if that rock were cloned away from it's head; you did a fine job of cloning out that car except for those tiny little white edges at lower extremeties and at top of headthat a smaller brush would have eliminated nicely and made for a superlatively enhanced photograph from the original; I like the eagle too but the hornbill, to me, is excellent and a really nifty looking animal. I also like the perspective that you chose to shoot at (it's just that darned rock growing out of it's head :-))
Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2004, 12:14 PM   #4

Normcar wrote:
Quote:
...the hornbill is super and would be evenbetter if that rock were cloned away from it's head; you did a fine job of cloning out that car except for those tiny little white edges at lower extremeties and at top of headthat a smaller brush would have eliminated nicely and made for a superlatively enhanced photograph from the original
Do you mean that grayish thing right above the horbill's head or the other smaller grayish thing? If it's thelarger one, Ithink that's not a rock, but its tail.

And regarding the other photo, I noticed the white edges. I did it very quickly though and was trying out this cloning thing for the first time. I'll try to do it again and pay close attention to the edges.

Thanks forthe feedback!

Angel
Old Nov 13, 2004, 2:05 PM   #5

Photos from my favorite place.

Did you notice how the rollers always seem to sit with their backs to the sun so they can spot creepy crawlies on the road. Nearly makes it impossible to get a shot with the sun in the right place.

Gr8 shot on the starling, they turn out dull blueish black in most shots. All their feathers are like those on a mallard's wing, you have to get the sun just right.

Love martial eagles, especially when they raise their crown feathers, makes them look very intimidating.

If you have more shots from the Kruger, please post. Would love to see them.

Thought I'd try my hand at the starling. Here's my attempt with a Baobab tree in the background.

Attached Images

Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2004, 12:03 AM   #6

very nice shots, I like the colors in bird number one and three:-)
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2004, 4:44 AM   #7

Bahamut wrote:
Quote:
If you have more shots from the Kruger, please post. Would love to see them.

I do have loads of shots from the Kruger. I spent only 2 days in the park, but it was the most amazing thing I've ever done! "Baaie snaaks!" :G
I'm looking forward to my next vacation!

Here is the link to the gallery (it's my partner's gallery, but we share it):
http://piloot.smugmug.com/gallery/215322/4

I like youridea of the baobab, it gives an African atmosphere to the photo!

Enjoy!

Angelique