Encore on cute

Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 20, 2004, 11:13 PM   #2

What camera are you using?

Lumix fz's ???
juanmilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2004, 12:28 AM   #3

Hi Juan, see my Varmint string for a photo of both camera and lens: http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=11

Thanks for having a look.
Old Nov 21, 2004, 8:52 AM   #4

I used to see some of your good replies at panasonic forum, that's why I thought you owned a pana fz or so. Anyhow really cool pics. How much is the set up in your digicam?
juanmilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2004, 9:10 AM   #5

I love the second shot of that gymnast birdie:-)
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2004, 9:27 AM   #6

Norm, I haven't had as much time lately to peek in and see what's going on in here but I now see that you've been posting alot - and good stuff too!

In this series you are definitely moving towards the cuteness factor and you've succeeded tremendously, especially with the squirrel. Just wonderful shots and the chickadee doing chin-ups is hilarious.

One question: Did you have to use something like NeatImage to reduce any noise in these shots?
geoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2004, 7:26 PM   #7

Thanks alady, I was happier than average with that shot.

Quote:
Did you have to use something like NeatImage to reduce any noise in these shots?
Hi geoff, depending on where my shutter was I applied neat image. My present state of goal orientation leads me to have the shutter and iso set pretty high. However, if I see a really good still photo op then I'll try to do a quick iso shut down in order to sufficiently reduce unnecessary graininess. Now, to answer your question, I can't recall where these particular photos are with that as I usually download, process (or not), file, then post. Since I'm not really doing iso tests at the moment I don't keep track of exact photo processing. If it needs a touch of neat image I run it through. However, I add some sharpness to 99% of my images and neat image to all that show an above average background grain.

By the way, I just bought a second-hand 300 F/4 (non-IS) for about $580 American, not a bad price for a very good sharplens. I look forward to playing with it. Hope it doesn't have cracked glass or dust bunnies inside.