Flight 3

Flight 4

Flight 5

Flight 6

Flight 7

Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 19, 2004, 9:45 AM   #2

great shots Norm, I always like your moving shots, in the second one it looks as if the bird is dancing:-)
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2004, 3:06 PM   #3

awesome stuff norm the timing is great! and 4 and 6 are 'technically' excellent photos too

btw...have you considered shooting RAW? if you shot raw, you can get some details out of the dark head!

vito
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2004, 3:37 PM   #4

Great shots Norm real nice.

but I have a question for Vito!!

Who are you Vito to say that shots 4 and 6 are "technically" correct!!

are you a pro photographer?

did you study in photos?

Each time someone post a pic and you reply theres always a negative comment!!! this time is the dark head if hes using raw.

Post things like Norm or Frank or Kalypsodoes and after that I will respect you!!!!

I think its not with post like that ( which is for me really ordinary)that you can always comments.http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...amp;forum_id=7

or

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=85

Remember There's a big difference between photographs and snapshots.

Thanks

p.s: sorry for my english but i hope you understand what i want a say, i could say betterin french but nobody will understand

Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2004, 5:40 PM   #5

i'm sorry you misunderstood my comment pierre....i have not studied photography (other than the countless hours i spend on this site and others on the internet)

but, just because i hadn't studied it formally, i've observed some of the mostamazing photography of our time, and before, so i know what makesa good photograph...i can tell what's sharp, well exposed and composed...in thiscase, i was talking about the sharpness....the DOF was perfect, and tack sharp on 4 and 6...

i didn't in any way say that the others were bad, non of the shots norm has posted has been bad, just these stood above them!

oh yeah, most people that post their pictures here, are looking for constructive criticism, to help them learn....

you aren't gonna learn much when all people say to your posts is "nice shot"!

if you don't like my comments, go see dpreview.com, or naturephotographers.net!

also, you can't compare wildlife and portrait(glamour) photography to landscape and macro....and i never said i was a good photographer...i just know wat makes a good photograph

and, anything in my posts is just my opinion, you don't have to agree with me.

Vito
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2004, 5:49 PM   #6

I wont go to dpreviews or whatever site for you and yes I dont really appreciate all of your comments !!

I will make comments or criticismwhen I will be able to do it myself and I think its not your case!

Enjoy!!!!!
Old Dec 19, 2004, 6:05 PM   #7

WOW. stress less guys!!!!

Pierre, Vito and Norm have known each other via this web site for ages, Ive seen Norm give the same sort of comments and they are not meant to be taken in an offensive manner. I think Ive only seen two really offensive people on here and they have long left. Everyone knows how much time Vito has put into his photography and as one of the links you posted shows, Vito is always asking about how he can improveHIS photos as well as commenting on others work in here. Constructive criticism is a good thing and there is a difference between that and just making nasty comments.

Re: Vitos suggestion about the dark areas. seems a reasonable Idea, I know that it was Norm (I think, Im not sure, getting forgetful these days:-)) who helped me correct a very dark faced problem with bird shots by cutting and pasting a different eye for the bird. I never took this as anything but help for making the photo better which is how you should react to any suggestions.

Ok Ive said my piece, and hey, it IS Christmas, the time of good will. So lets chill out shall we:-)
Old Dec 19, 2004, 6:46 PM   #8

what im trying to say is you can do comments or criticism if you can do it yourself, and im sure that vito or me or alot of people are not able to do whats Norm did whith those birds. So if you cant do it yourself dont make critics or suggestion!!!

Thats all

Happy X-MAs
Old Dec 19, 2004, 7:52 PM   #9

Im sure Norm really does not mind:-)I know that many of us can't do what Norm can, But we all have to start somewhere and all opinions should be looked at, you never know, somewhere amongst all the different Ideas in these forums, we may actually learn something new, I know I have, and from people like Vito who is the same age as my youngest child and he makes me feel old:-)But he has some pretty good advise sometimes.

cheers
Old Dec 19, 2004, 9:12 PM   #10

Very nice Norm.

Number 4 is the winner for me in this group. The energy in the bird you captured right before the downblast of the wings really works.

Pierre, Vito means well. I have seen lots of his posts with criticisms from vito and they in each case they have been meant to help the photographer and have never been mean spirited..

He wasn't telling you to go away when he said to check out dp review, he was only suggesting you check out some other sites to see the kind of criticisms that are given on photos there, some of those folks can really be tactless.

zoomn is offline   Reply With Quote