Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 9, 2005, 8:54 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 3,748
Default

Greetings Eric, where have you been? Obviously taking great photos for one. Unfortunately I'm on my dialup connection and only 5 of your photos download but I'll take a better look at the others tomorrow at work. Excellent presentations as usual and the light on that heron really brings a touch of class to the first shot.

You should visit and post more often. I too have been visiting your personal site to enjoy your work and to make sure that you haven't fallen off of the planet.

Cheers!
Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2005, 8:58 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Eric CAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 478
Default

geoffs wrote:
Quote:
Haha - Eric CAN goes away for 4 months, comes back, and shows us all up!

Superlative stuff, Eric. Missed your presence up here - don't be a stranger!

The GBH is great as the quality of light and the highlighting makes this a bit different from the normal shot. Besides, you had to work really hard to get this shot so it's worth more than the typical shot.

I've seen the Bluejay before and it doesn't bore me to see it again. The detail along with the reflection in its eye is something else.

What else can I say? They are all gorgeous. You used fill flash on that pileated - it's what made the bg so dark, right? The redpoll, hmmm.

You ought to look at the pictures Norm has been posting. He's been concentrating on motion shots too and he's gotten some great results.

Hehe Geoff, I'll try to be a little more present on the forum

Yes the GBH is the hardest shot I've ever taken. This summer I promiss I'll do better, I hope. Yes exactly about the Pileated and the Redpoll, fill flash. Had no choice for these, quite thick clouds those days. I'll take a look at Norm's shot.

Thank you

And cheers !
Eric CAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2005, 9:01 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Eric CAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 478
Default

Normcar wrote:
Quote:
Greetings Eric, where have you been? Obviously taking great photos for one. Unfortunately I'm on my dialup connection and only 5 of your photos download but I'll take a better look at the others tomorrow at work. Excellent presentations as usual and the light on that heron really brings a touch of class to the first shot.

You should visit and post more often. I too have been visiting your personal site to enjoy your work and to make sure that you haven't fallen off of the planet.

Cheers!

Howdy Norm, talking of the devil... Just exchanged with Geoff about your work. I'll go take a peak. Do you have a web gallery ? I've been ok. Busy at work a lot, not enough nice days to go after birds. I will come more often, was out of the loop uhh ?

That Heron shot will always be remembered, my knees are not the same since, LOL !

Cheers buddy !
Eric CAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2005, 9:02 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Eric CAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 478
Default

[email protected] wrote:
Quote:
SUPERB!

Thank you bmullen



Cheers !
Eric CAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2005, 9:42 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 3,748
Default

Quote:
Do you have a web gallery ?
No, I just can't seem to muster the time and energy it would take to put something like that together. Hopefully at some future point I will find some time as I certainly think it's a wonderful way to share and get exposure.

PS - Unlike you I don't have near the number andquality ofkeepers for that sort of venture either -- still in gathering mode for ones that I would evenwant to put in a gallery situation.
Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2005, 5:16 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
woodmeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 838
Default

Totally amazing photos!!!! I am most jealous of your junco shot. Even though
the woods around here are loaded with them, I have yet to get a really good shot.
One day I was even hidden in the bushes for almost two hours before they moved on.
Some came so close I could have reached out and grabbed them, yet remained
hidden from view. Oh well, sooner or later I'll get one.
woodmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2005, 11:07 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
bobbyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,423
Default

Great work Eric and welcome back to the forum. I really liked Gold finch, pine siskin and duck flight shots.
bobbyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2005, 11:02 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Eric CAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 478
Default

woodmeister wrote:
Quote:
Totally amazing photos!!!! I am most jealous of your junco shot. Even though
the woods around here are loaded with them, I have yet to get a really good shot.
One day I was even hidden in the bushes for almost two hours before they moved on.
Some came so close I could have reached out and grabbed them, yet remained
hidden from view. Oh well, sooner or later I'll get one.

Thank you woodmeister, welcome to the club of not being able to get decent Junco shots ! This bird is the most difficult one I encountered so far. Guess part of their evolution, something dictate them to always stay low profile and try to always be in the shade, and in the thicker trees, LOL !

Thanks for the your little story, cheers !
Eric CAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2005, 11:03 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
Eric CAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 478
Default

bobbyz wrote:
Quote:
Great work Eric and welcome back to the forum. I really liked Gold finch, pine siskin and duck flight shots.

Thank you Bobbyz, great choice indeed
Eric CAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2005, 8:07 PM   #20
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1
Default

Those are fantastic shots! I would love to read some tips about what you have to do to get shots like that, i.e. lens choice, exposure, tripod vs handheld, general technique and post-processing if any.
vicos is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:25 PM.