Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Mar 14, 2005, 7:42 PM   #11

Normcar, I want to apologize for not posting a comment on this post of yours earlier. The truth is, that I really couldn't find the words to say what I wanted to until Zoomn said it. So I just want to echo his response. Hope he doesn't mind. Other than that I'm sure you could take my 135-400 and make it perform like no other. I don't think I ever miss looking at your posts and always with a amazement at what you can do with a camera and lens. So I guess I'll add that "if you can afford the 400/5.6 keep it because those shots above are terrific. I'm still at a cross road myself on what my next lens will be.

Houston
Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2005, 8:30 PM   #12

Well, thanks so much for those generous comments, Houston. Certainly no need to apologize for not posting;if anyone should be apologizing for not posting comments now and then, it's me, as my slow dialup often get jammed up and slows me down considerably.

I appreciate your recommendation on the 400 and I've pretty well decided to keep it in the bag. It may not be the fastest lens in the world but it's sharp, fairly long, and autofocuses almost as fast asthesinfully expensive200/1.8. It also works great with the 1.4x extender, so I think I'd be daft to give it up. It's also nice to have something relatively light to carry around on long hikes.

Thanks again
Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2005, 9:18 PM   #13

OMG Norm these are some of your best work yet. I am sure we can all appreciate the time it takes to get shots likes these, as well as the throw aways. These are great.
Thanks for the kick in the butt motivation.
I gotta get off the golf course.
Golfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2005, 11:07 PM   #14

Thanks Golfer, I appreciate the compliment. You say that you need to get away from the golf course, well, I used to golf a whole lot until I picked up the camera. Last summer is the first summer that I never golfed once, amazing to think about it now. So I need to get to the course rather than away from it.

Unfortunately, I just picked up a portable birding blind so I'll probably spend the summer stuck inside it waiting for birds that never come rather than following a dirty little Titleist around and trying to hit it straight. I've probably added 10 points to my handicap...or maybe, just maybe, I'll play better when I get back at it.
Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote