Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Apr 1, 2005, 4:48 PM   #1

I got some very poor shots of this bird a few days ago so decided to go out and see if I could find another. I followed a certain kind of telephone pole that they seem to like to hang out on and found a pair. They were extremely cautious but I did manage to get a few shots off:

Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 1, 2005, 5:18 PM   #2

My goodness these are good Norm. If I ever get good enough to get some this good I will be one happy fellow. It's hard to say which one I like best but the first one with him looking straight at you and the detail so extremely sharp really overwhelms me. Very good shooting Norm.

Houston
Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2005, 6:36 PM   #3

All simply fantastic shots!
bmullen@comcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2005, 7:55 PM   #4

Houston wrote:
Quote:
My goodness these are good Norm. If I ever get good enough to get some this good I will be one happy fellow. It's hard to say which one I like best but the first one with him looking straight at you and the detail so extremely sharp really overwhelms me. Very good shooting Norm.

Houston
Thanks Houston, I give all credit to that bird and his mate who had the patience to sit long enough for me to get closer in my car. I continuously thought that it would bolt as my car crept closer and closer, but he hung around long enough for me to fumble with the camera and get the settings I thought were okay. Hope the rain is letting up for you and when is that lens going to arrive?
Old Apr 1, 2005, 7:57 PM   #5

[email protected] wrote:
Quote:
All simply fantastic shots!
Thanks mullen, things came together quite well today, which was really refreshing as most of the time I'm tripping over myself.
Old Apr 1, 2005, 8:55 PM   #6

good shoots Norm , on the first one ,the hawk look at you and said : SHOOT NOW
Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2005, 8:58 PM   #7

As usual, great shots Norm. That first one looks like he might be considering you as a meal!!!
I wish I could catch these guys somewhere than on the highway surrounded by traffic.
woodmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2005, 10:25 PM   #8

You really picked these off Norm. Well done. Great detail. Question: Do you shoot in RAW, and if so, RAW only or pluss JPEG?
Golfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2005, 10:30 PM   #9

Pierre wrote:
Quote:
good shoots Norm , on the first one ,the hawk look at you and said : SHOOT NOW
Thanks Pierre, or he may have said, shoot now or I'll dive at you and you won't like the result.:-)
Old Apr 1, 2005, 10:34 PM   #10

woodmeister wrote:
Quote:
As usual, great shots Norm. That first one looks like he might be considering you as a meal!!!
I wish I could catch these guys somewhere than on the highway surrounded by traffic.
Well, WM, I got these ones alongside a country road but I did get the others and a few more along the highway, sitting on poles that have a cross-beam. It seems as though they get less spooked when I remain in the car and move slowly toward them on the shoulder, with blinkers on. I make a few enemies on the road but what the heck, it's worth it.

Thanks for the comment and, yes, it's always interesting after download sometimes to view the reaction of the bird one photographs, this one in particular.